Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Tobacco Olympics

In keeping with the Olympic spirit, what would be your gold, silver, and bronze tobaccos?

Comments

• Options

Gold: East India Trading Company "Officer's Club"

Silver: Sutliff "Barbados Plantation"

Bronze: Sutliff "Molto Dolce" 

• Options
    Gold: Rattray's Exotic Orange (Exotic Passion now)
    Silver: Kohlhase & Kopp Winter Edition
    Bronze: RO Series Acadian English
  • Options
    Gold: Sutlif Molto Dulce (Sutlif Creme Brulee is the bulk equivalent, so that's a legitimate alternate)
    Silver: C&D Autumn Evening
    Bronze: Any of the Frog Morton/Craftsbury series.
  • Options
    Pleased to see my mentor @ghostsofpompeii really dug Barbados Plantation.

And Molto Dolce is the perfect aromatic starting blend.
  • Options
    @motie2 Pretty amazing how it jumped up to Silver Metal when I had several Sultiff and Russ Monthly blends listed as favorites for so long. Before you know it Barbados Plantation keep creeping up my list and I continued reaching for it more often that many of my old favorites. Thanks again for turning me on to such a great and satisfying blend.  
  • Options
    Interesting topic. It's hard to narrow down what tobacco I'd give only three medals to, but my choices are:

Bronze: G&H's Ennerdale Flake
    Silver: MacBaren Navy Flake
    Gold: C&D's Exhausted Rooster

A clean sweep by team Flake.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii -- Your friendship has meant so much to me as I have greatly benefited from your depth of knowledge regarding pipe smoking. I enjoyed your pic of your family's Christmas feast. I am still suffering from sciatica and I can't get upstairs to the 'puter as often as I'd like, but I'm happy that BP has snuck up on you, too. A most exceptional smoke. I wish you a very merry, safe, healthy and blessed Christmas Day and coming New Year.
  • Options
    jim102864jim102864 Master
    edited December 2017
    Gold:  McClelland Frog Morton Cellar
    Silver:  CAO Eileen's Dream
    Bronze:  Dunhill Nightcap
    I also loved Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader and Orlik Golden Sliced.   There are many others I've tried and enjoyed this year, too many to mention.  Then again, I'm celebrating my first year of smoking a pipe so everything's new to me.  I so appreciate the advice of the "veterans" on this website.  You have contributed to my passion for the pipe and for that I tip my hat. 

Happy New Year to all!