Home General
Options

Moody

Do you find yourself smoking more pipes when in a certain mood? If so, what mood really makes you want to fire up the pipe?

Comments

• Options
    LostMasonLostMason Apprentice
    Generally if I'm feeling relaxed,not hurting or in a hurry,I'll load 3 or 4 pipes
    and sit back with a movie or book and smoke away.If it has been a hard day,
    one bowl is usually all I get in.
  • Options
    Yea @LostMason I to tend to smoke a few more bowls when I in that relax mode. But by far my favorite bowl is the first one after a long day when it is just me in the swing with not a sound but the soft whistle of the birds in the distance and the light rustle of the trees as the sun slowly sinks out of sight. I look forward to that one all day long.
  • Options
    mhajecmhajec Enthusiast
    I've been known to smoke a few bowls in secession when I'm extremely angery. I think it's a mental thing that forces me to center, I mean, have you ever tried to smoke a bowl while you're angry?
  • Options
    Yes a few times it tends to take my focus off being angry and point it towards the task at hand.
  • Options
    I smoke more when I'm bored, stressed or just pissed off.
  • Options

A contemplative, relaxing mood, I let my thoughts float with the smoke.

• Options
    Love the end of the day smoke when all my accounts are settled, kids are in bed and my mind is at ease.
  • Options
    I find I need to be calm and ready to be reflective... so here recently I have been in an absolute dump of a mood and haven't gotten around to smoking a pipe for a few weeks.  Otherwise I tend to huff the pipe down and regret the tongue bite later.
  • Options
    The pipe seems to be a triggering mechanism to nostalgia for me. I can remember events that were once foggy at best, or completely forgotten. It helps to have my house build right across the street from my parents home, where I grew up as a kid. No one from the old neighborhood lives here anymore ... with the exception of my buddy who is still running his Father's sign making business, behind my parent's old house. But sitting on the front stoop at night I can recall in complete detail many our my teen and pre-teen escapades with my neighborhood buddies. And the pipe seems to bring it all into focus like adjusting the lens on an 8mm projector.
  • Options
    I hurt a lot so smoking a pipe I tend to relax a little and try to forget about the pain, when I am really mad I smoke a strong Cigar and then relax with a bowl in my pipe.  Hum?  I have smoked Cigars and Pipes in all kinds of moods so can't really pick a time I smoke more but if I am angry it is a strong cigar.....