Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Great Grape

I have watched a few reviews that the new Captain Black Grape is pretty good. Has anyone else heard this or have you tried it?

Comments

• Options
    Grape pipe tobacco is just another opening for the FDA and the anti-smoke nazis to claim the tobacco is being marketed to kids.
  • Options
    mhajecmhajec Enthusiast
    @PappyJoe LOL, you're probably right though. 

@PipeProfessor no, but now I would like to.
  • Options
    The more I think about it, the more I hate the idea of a tobacco company coming out with a grape flavored tobacco. One of the first things the FDA attacked in 2007 was flavored cigarettes and they have been taken off the market. Then they started pushing against the fruit flavor machine made cigars/cigarillos because that's what a certain segment of society moved to smoking. The FDA is going to see grape flavored pipe tobacco and start a new assault on aromatic pipe tobaccos - something that's been around for a couple of hundred years before there was an FDA.
  • Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    @pappyjoe  I see where your coming from and hope that it doesn't happen.  I like my aromatics to much to see them destroyed by bureaucracy.  Grape sounds and reminds me to much of cherry, the flavor that makes me gag just by smelling it.  I prefer not to smoke or drink cough syrup but might be willing to give it a go if others seem to like it.  I was really hoping it was a gag with all the FDA stuff going on.  A 12oz. can of grape tobacco... wonder if it ghosts as bad as it sounds.
  • Options
    Flavorings will be the next thing they ban.
  • Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    @pipeprofessor Unfortunately, I see that coming.  At least I can still add my own booze to it to flavor the tobacco.
  • Options
    I actually enjoy it. Doesn't have the aftertaste associated with Captain Black Cherry. Of course you have to be an aromatic fan to enjoy it because its definitely a sweet aromatic blend. I usually describe the smoking experience as sucking on a Jolly Rancher Grape Candy while smoking Captain Black Regular. Or taking a few gulps of Grape NEHI soda while smoking.