Home The Lounge

What Are You Watching - TV & Movies

I vaguely remember a discussion about this but I can't find it on this forum. So let me start a new one...

I've been watching Rogue Heroes which I found on Amazon Prime and a couple of other streaming services. It is a British historical drama television series created which depicts the origins of the SAS -British Special Air Services - during the desert campaign of WWII. "The storyline is a broadly accurate representation of real events, as described by Ben Macintyre in his 2016 book of the same name."

I find it to be well made and interesting. What I like about the series is the juxtaposition WWII desert combat action with a soundtrack of classic rock music from the 60s & 70s. For example, the soldiers driving across the desert to the sound of "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC.

There is also period correct pipe smoking in all the episodes I've watched so far.

Comments

• KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    2 of my most recent:

• A few days ago I was watching the 1956 western movie “Tribute to a Bad Man” starring James Cagney.  In an early scene he is smoking a pipe.  He catches a bullet that some rustlers send his way.  A wandering stranger, that ultimately becomes a friend, has to cut/dig out the lead.  Cagney has the pipe in his mouth (I seen it coming and cringed)….while the bullet is being cut out, he crunches through his pipe stem….ouchie.