Home Pipes & Tools
Options

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIPE AND WHY?

Most of us have several pipes. Many may have dozens. Have you ever thought about which one is your favorite?

Selecting a favorite can be very difficult. The reason for your selection might be for any number of characteristics; shape, size, feel, the way it smokes, visual appeal, or some

sentimental attachment, etc. My selection encompasses all of those reasons. I've narrowed my selection down to me Savinelli Cricket leather covered Saddle Bit 127. Savinelli no longer makes the Cricket Series The sentimental reason dates back to a college professor I took a technical writing course from in 1964. He was a retired Army Colonel and was an excellent teacher as well as very entertaining. I admired him and thought he was really cool. He smoked a leather covered saddle bit(make unknown). I was just starting to explore pipe smoking and through the years searched for one similar to his. I went through some really bad examples before I found this one. I purchased this one before I retired and like it so much I purchased another. It is still in the box and has never been smoked. So if any thing happens to this one, I have another. Never the less the selection was not a slam-dunk. I have 6-8 other pipes that are close seconds.

Comments

• Options
    mfresamfresa Master
    I hate to admit it, but my favorite is the bent egg that Abb Brown made.  The reason?  the mouthpiece is nice and thin.  Mine are a bit thicker.
  • Options
    I guess mine would have to be my own RMB Liverpool.  Why, because I made it and in a size and shape I gravitate towards.  I might pick my RMB Dublin, but the Liverpool was first, and it has a slightly larger bowl capacity.
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003;
    Savs are great pipes. If I hadn't promised you I wouldn't buy anymore pipes, I'd buy another Sav. I have a couple Grand Dukes and I agree they are great pipes.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar;
    If I had your talent and could craft my own pipe, it might make my selection harder. I would guess that you may own more pipes than any of the rest of us Brothers. I'm surprised you responded so quickly.
  • Options
    @opipeman
    There are a lot of my pipes I like, there are a bunch of good ones of all qualities, manufacturers, etc., but I was tasked with picking one favorite🙂
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited July 2023
    This one is easy for me.  My favorite pipe is my first Savinelli.  I love the shape, the feel, how it looks, how it smokes and this story behind it. What's more its very difficult to find if they even make it anymore.

• Options
    @Londy3;
    Savinellis are great pipes.
  • Options
    My favorite pipe is the cob I happen to be smoking. If I don't feel that way about the pipe into the trash it goes and out comes a new one!
  • Options
    Did you ever pop open a tin of tobac and the smoke was so good that you forgot which pipe was your favorite? I may be getting a little senile in my old age?
  • Options
    I think everyone knows the answer to this question for me.
  • Options
    @Londy3;
    Damn, that's cold, Brother.