Home General
Options

New Orleans Pipe Show returning

Toby Ducote (the man behind the New Orleans Pipe Show in 2015) held an initial planning meeting to discuss bringing the New Orleans Pipe Show back sometime in 2024.

Toby has started the search for a location in New Orleans, Metairie or Kenner for the meeting. He is looking at hotels with outside space available for a smoking tent, food & beverage catering and discounted hotel rooms for show attendees. The hotel would also need to have a large meeting room for vendor tables.

He is also looking at banquet/event venues large enough to host the show and with space available for the smoking tent and either catering or space for one or two food trucks.

No firm date has been set but he is looking for a date in the first half of the year.

I will post updates as they become available.

Comments

• Options
    I hope he looking at holding it in the cooler months
  • Options
    @mapletop
    I was hoping for warmer months, traveling by HOG sucks in ice, snow, rain.
  • Options
    If you've spent any time near our southerner coast  in the summer months, it' pretty uncomfortable, spring and fall are a bit more tolerable.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    I loved Jamaica and San Diego in the summer, and winter too, but I only spent a month at a time when there. I was at both places on two different occasions.  It was kinda funny though when I was in Jamaica in January.  Just coming from Montana I had the AC on in my room pretty cool…65F-70F and the hotel cleaning people must have froze their asses off because it was always turned off when I got back from work.  It kinda pissed me off having to wait for the room to cool so I could sleep, and on top of that, the stinking Coca-Cola was not refrigerated👎🏻
  • Options
    @mapletop
    Right now he's considering the month of May. 
    One of the things we discussed is when other pipe shows were being held and trying not to be in conflict with the larger shows (Chicago, Las Vegas).

On the other hand, we are less worried about smaller, local area/regional pipe shows because our target audience of pipe smokers are people who would not travel to other pipe shows anyway. We think we can pull pipe smokers from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and SE Texas. 
  • Options
    @PappyJoe That calculation make sense.  For me its a straight shot south and I'd likely take the train down.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    @PappyJoe
    I’ve always wanted to visit Louisiana.  I want some “real” crawfish boil, a whole pickup bed full so I could sit on the tailgate and eat mudbugs to my hearts content, or a massive stack in the middle of a big outdoor picnic table.   With some corn-on-the-cob, andouille sausage, potatoes, mushrooms, and whatever else is added to the boil.😋
         Oh yea, and a bunch of friends and beer to share the good times with.
  • Options
    @mapletop
    Hadn't considered taking a train. I'll have to weigh that into the mix. 
    Right now, I don't see how I can swing it, but the train option might/could possibly change that...