Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Who's Ordering This Tomorrow?

Got an email that Sutliff is dropping a St. Patrick Day Blend tomorrow. Who's ordering it?

Comments

• Options

In 433 AD, the Hill of Slane is told to be the place that St. Patrick chose to proclaim Christianity and help the druids overcome their “heathen” ways.  The Celtic High King - King Laoghaire.  Renowned for his brute strength and ferocity, King Laoghaire had lit a fire on the Hill of Tara, a cultic center where people worshiped the Celtic god of the sun, Lugh, to celebrate the Feast of Tara, the time of the Beltaine Festival during the Spring Equinox.  The King warned that no other fire was to be lit or seen during the time of the festival.

However, St. Patrick was not intimidated by the King and outwardly defied the Kings orders by bravely, and boldly lighting and blessing the Paschal fire on the Hill of Slane, which was easily seen from the Hill of Tara. The King Loegaire and the druids had planned to kill St. Patrick but, the King was so impressed by St. Patrick’s devotion to his beliefs and his convincing and persuasive ways, he actually allowed St. Patrick to continue his missionary work in his kingdom.  To this day, a statue of St. Patrick is displayed prominently at the front of the ruins.

So, it is in honor of the courage, bravery and tenacity that St. Patrick imbued that we celebrate with a blend we feel encompasses his spirit:  Hill of Slane is fragrant and fills the room with warmth yet is mellow so as not to be overpowering.  It burns cool and doesn’t overheat but burns long to allow the smoker time to slowly enjoy the gifts of the blend.  And it is welcoming and inviting to all those around so they too can enjoy the sweet nuances of traditional Irish Cream.  This unique and satisfying blend of air and flu-cured tobaccos of Virginia and Burley, has been expertly blended so we can relax, reflect and remember that:

• Options
    MontecristoMontecristo Master
    edited March 2023
    Beat your post by four minutes! (See internet Finds)
  • Options
    @Montecristo
    Yeah.
    Like, I'm impressed. B)

I didn't consider it an internet find because it was in my email.
  • Options
    MontecristoMontecristo Master
    edited March 2023
    @PappyJoe

I didn’t want to start a new folder just for an ad. Oh well, what do I know? 
  • Options
    @Montecristo
    No big deal. I honestly didn't see your post until after I created the new discussion. 
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    That’s a big NOPE to “hill of Slane” for me.

Sorry, not sorry.  I’m not a fan of most Sutliff aromatic tobacco’s. They are too wet and goopy generally.  I have 8oz. of an Irish Mist aromatic of some sort around here that I was not impressed with, I think it might even be a Sutliff blend, but I’m not sure.  I’m not sure where it is at, I guess I will have to look for it now.  I acquired it in an EBay lot with a Comoy’s tobacco jar, along with 8oz. Amphora Match, which I think may be a Sutliff blend as well.  Neither were to my liking.