Home General
Options

Random Thought of the Day

There must be thousands of different aromatic blends with flavors from anise to tonquin bean and vanilla.

Why hasn't someone made a root beer flavored pipe tobacco?

Comments

• Options
    That no longer exist as far as I can tell. Altadis is only doing cigars these days. I believe Sutliff took over the pipe tobaccos.
  • Options
    Root beer is certainly aromatic, so is ginger...makes sense to me. There's certainly too much vanilla and chocolate tobacco out there for sure. I'd also like to see a good apple...all the apple flavors taste too fake (a lot like a Jolly Rancher) with the exception of Low Country Santee...a great natural apple flavor but not very prominent. 
  • Options
    Well if we can request a new flavor (I rarely smoke aromatics), how about Prime Rib flavor?  Tag line;  It's not just for Dinner
  • Options
    @mapletop
    Have you tried Sam Gawith “Black XX”?  It’s kinda meaty, BBQ-esq.
  • Options
    @vtgrad2003 One of my favorite aromatics is The Untouchables, it’s flavored with cedar and rose geranium. I’ve gone through 10 tins in the past year. 

@mapletop You probably would have liked Meat Pie by Drew Estate. 
  • Options
    @mapletop
    But what exactly would the juice running down your chin while smoking a bowl consist of? 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar  I have had the black XX and I guess you could call it meaty, aside from the vitamin N it's tolerable tasting but more like you cooked it well done and left it on the counter for a couple weeks.
    I watched a Monty Python 6 part biographical on netflix over the past few days and my new idea for an aromatic is for a Hawaiian flavor of pineapple and SPAM Spam spam.........

@PappyJoe I had to look that one up, and yes I probably would have liked it but alas it no longer in production.

@vtgrad2003 your a sick man LOL, I started contemplating your question and then thought I don't even want to go down that road.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    @mapletop
    🤔I do like steaks well done🤔
    I like them medium to well and anywhere in between.  Maybe the “Black XX” is more like beef jerky…..😉😋
  • Options
    @Montecristo
    Thanks for the link. 
    I've seen that before and it's from 2010. None of those guys thought too highly of that bulk blend and I haven't found any indication that it is still made. 
  • Options
    Why not Coca-Cola flavor?
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited February 2023
    @ghostsofpompeii
    No wonder we haven't heard from you lately.
    You must have found it impossible to see your computer screen with all your hazmat garb and goggles, plus tough to type with those thick rubber gloves that go up to your elbows!
    Next time you go on an experimental hiatus, let us know so we won't worry.
    By the way, how long before you ship us ALL a sample of your Righteous Rootbeer blend?😋😏
  • Options
    @thebadgerpiper

You could call it Mrs. Hires Brewery Blend.

• Options
    @ghostsofpompeii;
    Glad you are back, missed you, Brother.
  • Options
    @montecristo
    I don't believe! I was joking! Anyway, this is probably a blend that never will try.
  • Options
  • Options
    MontecristoMontecristo Master
    edited February 2023
    I have a severe dry mouth condition, but especially at night
    Try Biotene products.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii;
    Chime in Brother, we miss you. @Montecristo has some good advise on dry mouth.
  • Options
    I've noticed that coffee and tea without honey can make dry mouth worse - and they were two of my 'go to' pairing with smoking. Weird that by adding honey to tea negates the drying effect, but I was trying to cut back on honey due to diabetes. But I've come to the realization that life aint worth living if you have to deprive yourself of all vices. I'll also take the Biotene advice. Thanks @Montecristo
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii
    Caffeine is a natural diuretic, so it makes sense that you get dry mouth from them, but honey neutralizing that is odd because if I'm not mistaken, honey is also a diuretic. Maybe it's somehow coating the mouth so giving the impression it's less dry...hmmm, I have no idea.