Home General
Options

Inhale/Exhale

What is your prefered method to inhale and exhale? Does it vary by blend or pipe?

Comments

• Options
    It varies.
    Sometimes when I'm clenching, I just breath naturally. If I'm sipping, I slowly inhale and wait a few seconds and either slowly exhale through my mouth or nose.
  • Options
    If I breath naturally I tend to inhale more so than intended ... into the lungs. Which is not what I want to do. It usually results in a coughing jag. Now I mainly sip for better control and to insure the smoke stays in my mouth and no further. I exhale out my mouth or occasionally retro-hale through my nose when I want that extra blast of flavor.
  • Options
    I've been practicing "Breath Smoking" which involves breathing and puffing to a rhythm.
  • Options
    <<Most pipe smokers do not inhale pipe smoke. They smoke for the taste, just like you enjoy a steak, or a finely baked salmon. We are connoisseurs of tobacco and cringe in horror at cigarette smoke just as you might. We do not smoke pipes the way you think we do. We sip, and enjoy. Just as you do with a fine, expensive wine, or a superbly mixed drink.>>  ~ Fred Brown at http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/the-pipe-pundit/tobaccolypse-survival-guide/#more-9950
  • Options
    That's why I hate smoking my pipe while mowing the lawn or performing some task when I'm exerting myself. Once you start huffing and puffing you can't help but accidently get a lungful of smoke as you breath naturally with a pipe in your mouth. Since retirement I've limited my pipe smoking to only when I'm relaxing or doing something that requires no exertion like listening to music, watching the tube, or playing music or typing on a keyboard.