Home The Lounge

Raleigh, NC Pipe Show

Has anyone heard if NC is holding the pipe show this year. The website TAPS is dead. 

Comments

• AceFourAceFour Master
    I heard grumblings next year.
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    Why next year?
  • AceFourAceFour Master
    They didn't have time to get their act together.  They usually do it in spring.
  • vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited May 24
    Isn't Raleigh in California? LOL. There are five cities in NC that belong there, Raleigh, Charlotte, Boone, Greensboro and Asheville!
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    @vtgrad2003
    How could you forget the most liberal of all, chapel hill and carrboro. I lived there I know. 
  • vtgrad2003vtgrad2003 Master
    edited May 24
    I know what you mean, I lived in both as well when I was going to UNC, like Jesse Helms once said when there was a debate about building the NC Zoo in Asheboro and the cost that would be involved "why do we need to build a new zoo when it's a lot cheaper to simply put a fence around Chapel Hill" LOL.
    If it wasn't for Chapel Hill, we wouldn't know what liberalism is! LOL
    That said, when I was writing for the Daily Tar Heel there (the campus newspaper), there's actually a "silent majority" of conservative students there, believe it or not, so I would hate to disenfranchise them. UNC policy has always been to 'keep a university education as low as practicable', so there are a ton of students there that grew up on NC farms, in parents small businesses, etc, and are conservative, they just don't say anything about it.

• Londy3Londy3 Master
    @vtgrad2003
    Silent majority has very little power.  We've seen what being silent has done on a grand scale.