Home General
Options

THE CHICAGOLAND INTERNATIONAL PIPE & TOBACCIANA SHOW

THE CHICAGOLAND INTERNATIONAL PIPE & TOBACCIANA SHOW
2022 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

THURSDAY May 26, 2022
Smoking Tent Grove Pavilion open 6am to Midnight.
8 am Pipe Making Two Day Seminar begins, Hotel room , Pre-registration required
2 pm Tobacco Blending Seminar, Tent, $20 pay at the event

FRIDAY May 27, 2022
9 am – 4 pm, Smoke and Swap, Tent Grove Pavilion (6 am vendor line up, 8 am set up $20
charge to Vendors for ½ table)
12 pm – 5 pm Welcome Table for Show Exhibitors, Hotel Cloak Room
4 pm International Charatan Collectors Society, Hotel Great Lakes Ballroom 2
4 pm UPCA Annual Meeting, Tent
5:30 pm UPCA Fast Smoke Competition, Tent
7 pm – 10 pm Welcome Buffet Dinner, Hotel Grand Marquee, $20 at the door
7:30 pm presentations at Welcome Dinner
9 pm Pipepedia Presentation Scott Thile, Hotel Great Lakes Ballroom 2
9 pm Ladies’ Tobacco Related Arts & Craft Program, Hotel Great Lakes Ballroom 4

SATURDAY May 28, 2022
7 am Exhibitor Set up, Hotel Ball Room and Grand Marquee
9 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show
11 am – 1, 3 pm Silent Auction
6:30 pm The Chicago Feast banquet, Hotel Lake Side Pavilion
9 pm Doctor of Pipes Meeting, Hotel room 

SUNDAY MAY 29, 2022
6:30 – 9:30 am Pipe Show Breakfast, Lake Side Pavilion
8 am Exhibitor Set up, Hotel Ballroom and Grand Marquee
9 am – 5pm Chicago Pipe Show
11 am Pipe Widow’s Drawing
12 pm Show Awards Presentation,
1 pm UPCA United States of America National Pipe Smoking Championship, Tent

Comments

• Options
    Someone, on another pipe forum, complained that the smoking tent closes at midnight. Since I usually get up at 4:30 am, I am more worried about not getting into the smoking tent until 6:00 am!
  • Options
    If I was going, I would be wondering what to do between 12:00AM and 6:00AM….Who would have time to sleep?  I guess I would just smoke outside.  In Montana the bars are closed from 2:00AM to 8:00AM.   There was at least one thing I liked about Louisville when I was there for the Kentucky Derby several times, if I remember correctly, the bars were open until 4:00AM.  I had to be at the track for work by 6:00AM, so breakfast in the hotel banquet room was at 5:00AM.  I never miss breakfast, I get a nasty “hangry” disposition and I am even less pleasant to be around than normal 😬
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    I’m guessing that’s when the bar staff are done are done for the night. I can’t imagine them kicking everyone out at 12:00
  • Options
    Well there were those of us in the CPCC who used to bring fancy travel tour buses to the show and party to the weee hours, but due to totally foreseen circumstances, it ended when we got old.:)
  • Options
    I don't know the reason for closing the tent at midnight. Since I am usually waking up at 4:30 am, I am sorry I can't smoke at my usual time. 

• Options
    The Chicago Pipe Show begins this week on Thursday with the start of the pipe making seminar (2 days long)
    If any of you are coming or are  just curious, the club now has a new (and greatly improved) web site here  https://chicagopipeclub.com/

• Options
    I really wanted to go to the Chicago Pipe show but crime in the city is so high I decided to opt out. Which really sucks - because with the state of the Government's War On Tobacco who knows how much longer Pipe Shows will continue.
    My wife and I have been wanting to make a visit to the Chicago Field Museum but each time we get up the nerve there ends up being another record week-end for shootings in the city, so once again we retreat to the sanctuary of our home, lock the door and watch a week-end movie marathon. Not how I envisioned my Golden Years.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii
    I sure am glad I don’t have to worry much about those kinds of troubles here.  Law enforcement does not put up with that crap, they drop crooks left and right.  The crime has risen markedly here in the last couple of years.  I’m not sure if it was the “pandemic”, or this states legalization of recreational marijuana, or the increase in “out-of-stater” dirtbags.  Meth has been a problem too.  The anhydrous ammonia used to fertilize crops is used in meth production.  Farmers have to lock the taps on their tanker cars in the field because shitbags were stealing it to make meth.  I just wish more of those dirt-chickens would “accidentally” get downwind of it when stealing it.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii  Well the good news is that the show was held in Lincolnshire which is 20 miles north of the city and is very safe
    It will most likely become the new home for the show.
    As far a visiting the city, I would say your instincts are good, I live 17 miles west of downtown and we just don't go there.
    The powers that want to destroy this country have done a fairly good job on Chicago, its all a great shame but I do not think this can last forever, at some point people will revolt.
  • Options
    I will say this for the Police in Indiana. My wife goes to the internet each morning to read about the crime in our area, and both the State and County Police have been doing a bang-up job of catching criminals from Illinois who have been dealing drugs, stealing cars, or other illegal activities. Those involved in interstate pursuits have been caught and arrested in record numbers. And best of all ... put in jail.