Home General
Options

MARCH MEERSCHAUM MADNESS 2022

Comments

• Options
    @KA9FFJ
    So sorry brother. We are here for ya. Prayers on the way. 
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ
    I hope your sister recovers and is released from the hospital soon!
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ;
    You and your family will be in my prayers. Your sister couldn't ask for a better brother. God with with you.
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ;
    I meant to say "God be with you", not God with with you. Sorry for the error. Please do, keep your extended family(TPL) apprised as much as possible. 
  • Options
    ...I need a meer 😔
  • Options
    @PappyJoe
    That pipe would be a good candidate for a hose mouthpiece, turn it into a table pipe.
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar
    I have actually smoked it as a table pipe. 
  • Options
    @PappyJoe;
    It would be a beautiful table display. That is outstanding!
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ
    Ugh, so sorry man. I'm not a fan of hospitals. Praying for your family. 
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ;
    Glad it went well!
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ
    Here's hoping you and your family can get to a happy and healthy place soon! 🍻
  • Options
    Don't have but a couple of meerschaum pipes but I have been hittin them hard so far this month

• Options
    @mapletop
    Like the military mount and diamond shank...

• Options
    @KA9FFJ;
    A man needs some R&R. Nice looking Meer.
  • Options
    Loaded me Meer with Casey Jones "Last Ride".

• Options
    @opipeman
    Looks as if you have a pretty good tan going on with that meer...👍🏻
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited March 2022
    Disclaimer:
    I'm not saying this works. I am saying I do seem to see a better result SO FAR. 
    That is why my plan is to continue 2 bowls a day (back to back) with this Cavalier through the end of the month... After all, it is March Meerschaum Madness...😁
    Oh, and I changed my mind. My 2nd bowl will now be Peterson Sunset Breeze...
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @KA9FFJ
    It seems like a hot bowl, with warm tobacco juice to seep into the expanded meer pores should do the trick.  

I wonder what would happen if one was to make a very strong “tobacco tea” with a favorite blend, then pour it into the bowl and heat it with a hair dryer/hot air gun (on low) or in an oven…not my oven though🤔.   I might have to find a cheap block meer for this experiment.  Maybe I can get one with a cracked/broken shank?  Then buy a Coleman Stove oven box, or make a passable substitute, for “cooking” meers.

I have the parts gathered up to make a “meerschaum coloring machine”.  I know I do not smoke enough to ever properly color a meer.  It would be an auto-puffer for coloring meers, or breaking in briars. I saw a vintage one on EBay when I first started this hobby about ten years ago.  I did not bid on it, and have not seen one since, and I have been looking….and kicking myself ever since.  I have not started building my version of the device, it’s not really a high priority.  
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    edited March 2022
    @RockyMountainBriar
    It all sounds very interesting. I would love to see what you create and eventually try on your meer(s)...
    By the way, I think your spot on concerning that 1st paragraph you posted...
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ;
    The tanning on my meer is strictly luck on my part. I have had others and not much happened. I may try the technique you outlined. @RockyMountainBriar has an intriguing process as well.