Home The Lounge
Options

Chicago Pipe Show 2022

Hi everyone,
I have just been informed that the 2022 CPCC pipe show is on.
I have been asked to forward Craig Cobine‘s words about the show:
“We have Inflation, covid, war in Europe, Taiwan and China, food and gas prices, who cares? The world needs a pipe show.
We have a Pipe Show. It's on, it will be:
May 27th through May 29th. At the Marriott Lincolnshire In Lincolnshire IL.  A registration link will be in a follow up email. Please WAIT for the link to register at the hotel.”
This is all the information I have been given. If it is not in this email, I unfortunately do not know the answer yet. Please be patient as I wait for more information. As soon as I know something, I will pass it along.
Thank you for all of your patience as the show board figured everything out. We look forward to an awesome show in May!
Amu Torres

Comments

• Options
    Damn, Chicago is a hike for me
  • Options
    this is great news! I will plan to attend. 
  • Options

Hi All,

Here is the link and information to book your hotel for the 2022 CPCC Pipe Show! Thanks again for the patience. 

Event Summary:

Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club

Start Date: Thursday, May 26, 2022

End Date: Monday, May 30, 2022

Last Day to Book: Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Hotel(s) offering your special group rate:

• Lincolnshire Marriott Resort for 159 USD - 169 USD per night

Book your group rate for Chicagoland Pipe Collectors Club

• Options
    CHICAGO PIPE SHOW 2022
    SHOW DATES: May 26-29, 2022
    EXHIBITION HALLS: Saturday and Sunday, May 28 and 29, from 9 am to 5 pm
    ADMISSION: A single fee of $20.00 covers both Saturday and Sunday

LOCATION: The Lincolnshire Marriott Resort, Ten Marriott Drive, Lincolnshire, Illinois 60069. For room reservations, use the link
    at our website www.chicagopipeshow.com or call 1-866-596-7891. You must reserve your room on or before May 3rd and mention
    the show for special rates and for the show to meet its obligation to the hotel. Please do not register for any other Marriott hotel as
    the show will not be credited with your stay.

With over 200 vendors expected, this is one of the largest pipe shows in the world!

SWAP AND SMOKE: On Friday May 27, the “Swap and Smoke” (buy/sell/trade event) will start at 8am and run until 4 pm. It is free
    to buyers, while sellers pay only $20 for a space at a ½ table.

BANQUETS: The $20 Friday evening Welcome Dinner for 600 of our worldwide guests will begin at 7 pm. Our Saturday evening
    CPCC Chicago Feast will be held on Saturday, May 28. See our website for more information about these great dinner events.
    ACTIVITIES: Tobacciana seminars and a ladies’ craft program will be held on Friday evening.

On Thursday and Friday we will hold a Pipe Carving and Finishing Seminar. On Thursday, there will be a tobacco blending
    seminar. See our website for additional details and reservations for these two special events.

EXHIBITOR TABLES: There are exhibitor tables available and are priced at $200.00.

SMOKING: There will be a deluxe 4000 square foot tent for smoking, with food and drink available, open Thursday through Sunday,
    6 am to midnight. This is the ONLY place inside the resort where smoking is allowed. There is a $2,500.00 charge for smoking in
    the hotel.

The United Pipe Clubs of America (UPCA) will hold its United States Slow Smoke Championship at our show on Sunday, May 29, at
    1 pm in the smoking tent. For more information on the contest visit www.unitedpipeclubs.org.

YOU MUST BE 18 OR OLDER TO ATTEND!

Visit www.chicagopipeshow.com, call Craig Cobine at 630-236-6202, or email porshcigar@aol.com for more information or to
    reserve an exhibitor tab
  • Options
    Where's the Covid protocols? 🤣
  • Options
    When covid started, I did a lot of practical research on how to smoke a pipe, with a mask. I tried various pipes, mask styles. I even tried different tampers. Finally, I sadly had to admit that is is not feasible to smoke a pipe with a mask.. It is fairly easy to pull the smoke into your mouth. But there is no way to exhale. OK, you can exhale, but the smoke is now concentrated and getting stronger with each exhale. Eventually, I had to admit it is not possible.    

While, the above is true, it is not helpful.  There seems to be more pushback on covid guidelines. 

** This post is my personal opinion only.  Winton
  • Options
    While it remains to be seen, Lake county is not Crook County, thus looking ahead and given where we are and whee things are going, I expect no restrictions.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @motie2
    Too bad they didn't get a pic of our own @mapletop.
    Looks as if a good time was had by all.
    Tnx for sharing...

• Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    edited April 22
    It was a fly in show this year but I had a good time. The Hyatt Regency was a very good location, very close to ORD. Never had to wait for an elevator or service in the bar/restaurant. The tent was the tent but it never felt overcrowded. The showroom was spacious with the widest aisles I’ve ever.experienced at a pipe show. I came home with my 4th pipe in a series I’m doing with Jeremiah Sandahl. My first smoke was with some vintage Balkan Sobranie a buddy kindly gifted me.

• Options
    PappyJoePappyJoe Master
    @daveinlax
    Those are a couple of interesting pipes with the metal ring around the top of the bowl. 
  • Options
    opipemanopipeman Master
    @daveinlax;
    Wow! Beautiful pipe, Brother. Great and concise description of the vinue. Sounds like an event I wish I could have attended.