Home General
Options

A Sad Time

RSPiperRSPiper Connoisseur
Haven't been here for a while, I lost my wife. She went to the hospital August 20 and after a long battle trying to recover from a bad heart attack passed on October 15 2021. December 6 would have been our 35th wedding anniversary.

Among many, many other things she was also my smoking partner. I left my pipes just sit for a while. I have been told to continue doing things she knew I enjoyed as that is what she would want me to do.

Comments

• Options
    @RSPiper
    My condolences sir.  Glad to see you back here.  We can’t fill the void in your life, but maybe we can help fill a portion of it.
  • Options
    @RSPiper;
    I can't visualize what sadness comes with such a loss. You are in my prayers and thoughts. Remember the good times.
  • Options
    36 years...and it's not long enough! (I say that because I am blessed to be with my bride of 36 years and we're not done yet.) I think it's wonderful that you have your shared interest of pipes to remember her by. May the Lord bless you with peace and comfort until you can be together again.
  • Options
    I'm so very sorry for your loss sir. I know this is very difficult and my words likely will do nothing for the pain. However, think of how many people can't say they had 35 years with the one they loved. You have been very blessed to have had that opportunity.
    God bless you and keep doing the things you love. This community is behind you brother. 
    Peace. 
  • Options
    @RSPiper;
    Looking at your late wife's photo, I can see she had a beautiful soul. @Londy3 raised a good point about the time you had together. However if I lost my bride of 56 years it would take me awhile to realize how blessed I am. You never get over such a thing, you just get through it. Cling to her memory and your faith.