Home General
Options

Texas Pipe Show Nov 6th in Cedar Hill Texas

pylornspylorns Apprentice
That's right, come on down to the Texas Pipe Show on November 6th, at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill Texas!  Tents, Tables, BBQ, and Pipes!   Slow Smoke Sponsored by Saddleback Leather, Missouri Meerschaum, The Country Squire.  Meet Texas Carvers, Vendors and More!
https://www.texaspipeshow.com/

Comments

• Options
    Dang, it’s lunchtime here, now I want Texas BBQ😋
  • Options
    Hmm, only 84 miles more to Cedar Hill than Chicago…..and I’ll bet it’s warmer👍🏻
  • Options
    I'd love to go to this show. I have too much travel on my plate already ☹️
  • Options
    I’ll be there. Can’t wait!
  • Options
    pylornspylorns Apprentice

2021 Texas Pipe Show is SATURDAY!

Pipe Smokers and Collectors,

It's almost pipe show time! We can't wait to see you this Saturday at Tobacco Cabana in Cedar Hill at 10am! Unfortunately, if you didn't get a ticket for the slow smoke you'll probably have to settle for rooting for your favorite club or person as the slow smoke sold out in just a couple of days. Anyone who's not checked in by 2:30pm forfeits their spot, though. We'll open those up for last minute entries so there's still a chance if you're quick. ;)

About the Show

We have several 10x20 tents set up outside of Tobacco Cabana and the weather looks to be awesome with a high of 69F and a low of 40F.  So dress for a cool morning warming up to perfect temps for Texas with not a rain cloud in the sky.
    We've got 20 or so tables with carvers, vendors, and estates and some additional tables for the slow smoke with a smattering of chairs.  For those who are local, since we don't know how many people will show up, you might consider bringing a lawn chair if you want to sit down and stay awhile. 

Food

Cabana doesn't serve food or drinks but there are several great food options nearby and a really great brewery that backs up to the venue. We know we'll be availing ourselves of their fine brews during the show!

Some great food and drink options include:

Ash & Ember Brewing
    Saviana Winery
    Lisa's Chicken
    Babe's Chicken House (a Texas favorite)
    Sam's Pizza (an NTBC favorite)
    White Rhino Coffee
    1846 Coffee
    Campuzano Mexican Food
    REstaurante La Toska Tex Mex
    Taqueria Torres
    Mija Barbecue
    Harris Bar-b-que
    Phat Girlz BBQ (can you tell you're in Texas yet?)

There is also a stack of national chain restaurants but what's the fun in that?

Texas Club Pipe

This year, the Texas Clubs are doing a Texas Pipe of the Year! It's a beautiful, helf-bent XXX apple from Ashton with their pebble grain finish and an ebonite stem. and you can get it with or without the silver band according to what your wallet will allow. Every pipe will be stamped with the the letters "TPS" and shape of Texas.

We're opening up orders at the show, so you'll have the ability to order one for delivery post show.

As a reminder, if you're planning your trip:

Show Schedule:
      10 AM - Doors Open
      2 PM - Slow Smoke Check-In
      3 PM - Slow Smoke Begins
      5 PM - Charity Raffle
      7 PM - Show Closes
    • Options
      Hate to miss the show this year but all the best and happy smoking!

Will definitely be there in 2022.
    • Options
      Can't wait to get there tomorrow! 3 hour drive south for me.
    • Options
      Had a great time at the Texas Pipe Show yesterday. Saw several of our TPL members ( @SgtDanner @pylorns @smrast ) as well as other pipe community celebrities... including Steve Fallon (Pipe Stud), Wilson from TheSpurgeonPiper, the crew from Pipes, Tobacco & Whiskey. and David Dorian-Smith. Like you've heard so many times, if you've never been to a pipe show... you HAVE TO GO! They really are a lot of fun. And, as expected, the people are the best part!
      So proud of my pipe community.

• Options
      @jfreedy

Thanks for the photos! Were the MM Washington Rob Roys a give away or part of a slow smoking competition? 
    • Options
      jfreedyjfreedy Master
      edited November 2021
      @Balisong - they were part of the slow smoke. The leather bags were really nice… well worth the $30 price for the competition.