Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Seasonal Blends

It is finally cooling down in Kansas and I have my office window open.  This brings me to wonder, what does tobaccos does everybody go to for the fall and holiday seasons?

Fall - I like Maple blends - Autumn Evening, Scotty's Blueberry Pancake.  But also Sutliff Amaretto and Trout Stream.  I see Pumpkin Spice out there, but it just doesn't seem natural and I can't get myself to try it.

Winter (Christmas) - Russ' Candy Cane, H&H Egg Nog, McClelland Holiday Spirit (though sadly this will be the last year I have any to smoke), MacBaren 7 Seas Black.

Any suggestions to add to my list?

Comments

• Options
    Personally, I continue smoking the blends throughout the year, what I do change with the seasons, however, is the frequency of which I smoke particular pipes. I tend to gravitate to pipes with larger capacities in the fall and spring as it's simply nicer to sit outside for extended periods, while in deep winter and summer, I tend to use pipes with smaller bowls because it's not as nice to sit outside and smoke 
  • Options
    @bbrown626
    I've smoked all the ones you listed but to be honest the ones I like are harder to find like Rattray's Winter Edition, any of the Kohlhase & Kopp blends and Peterson's Holiday Season Blends. 
    You might want to check out the seasonal blends from Cornell & Diehl like  - We Three Kings, Corn Cob Pipe & A Button Nose.

• Options
    Love Jolly Old St. Nickolas by Cornel and Diehl.  Wonder why they don't release that one?
  • Options
    RondyRRondyR Connoisseur
    For me, autumn and winter are the right times of the year for aromatic blends, particularly CHOCOLATEY ones! C&D’s Autumn Evening is, naturally, a good autumn blend, and so is Jon David’s chocolate-flavored blends available at The Country Squire. 

(Side note - I’m still annoyed that This Pipe Life stopped sponsoring The Country Squire Radio Show)

I’ll smoke English blends all year round, but there’s something fantastic about quality aromatic blends this time of the year.