Home General
Options

Most Flattering Comment

What's the most flattering comment you got while smoking your pipe?

Comments

• Options
    Mine was over Thanksgiving this year with my toes in the sand at a resort on Seven Mile Beach in Jamaica...A woman a few yards away from me turned around in her chair after I lit my pipe (yes it was tobacco) and gave me a look. I'm younger and pretty well tatted up, so my first thought was, 'oh no, here it comes, she's gonna be mad'. I smiled and asked if it was bothering her and offered to put it out (I always try to be respectful of others in the area). She said, 'no, actually please blow it my way, it smells fantastic. It's totally a lost art, I'm glad to see the younger generation of adults are bringing it back'.
  • Options
    @PipeProfessor - I was window shopping with my wife last Christmas in a small town up in the gold country of California. It was a chilly day and as I was walking down the sidewalk, I decided to light up a nice aromatic blend (maybe Parson's Blend from the Country Squire). There was a group of people a few yards down wind and one of the women turned to my wife and said, "You are a lucky woman! I wish my husband would smoke a pipe. I hope you let him smoke that in the house. I just love that smell!"
    I don't smoke in the house, but I remind my wife of this comment often.
  • Options
    @mangoandy That's great! I would remind my wife of that comment daily if the same thing happened to me!
  • Options
    That's awesome, Ill remind my wife of your story lol @mangoandy
  • Options
    So, there I was, minding my own business and standing about 15 feet from the door to the store my wife was shopping in. I had just packed some Honeydew into my pipe and was smoking it when two young ladies walked out the door. One of them stopped and said something really smells good out here. When she saw me, she walked over and asked what I was smoking because she wanted to buy some for her father.
  • Options
    Two of my favorites:

My wife came home from work after I had my very first pipe. She sniffed Boswells Best on me and said "You smell nice." It's not something I hear from her often, so I'll take the compliments when I get them.

Then, while outside of a concert venue for a night of celtic bands, one of the inebriated women outside called me Mister Rodgers because of my pipe. I wanted to reply with "I don't think he smoked a pipe", but I'll take any comparisons to such a great man as Fred Rodgers.
  • Options
    At a large campground in Maryland my friends teenage daughter did a mini-rant when she saw my pipe. Later that night she was walking back with her mother in the dark. she sniffed the air and said to her mom "Some one is burning nice incense.", her  mother told her that it was my pipe. She came over and apologized for her rant and said she enjoyed it.
  • Options
    "Who's baking cookies?"
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    My eldest son (40 years, a non-smoker): "Hey, that really smells good, like someone baking cookies...."

Mrs. Hudson's (creation of @ghostsofpompeii)
  • Options

I was running thru the pharmacy drive thru one day, and the lady at the window said "Your pipe smells so good!"

As I drove away puffing on a bowl of Vintage Syrian I remember thinking, "There are a few women left that appreciate a bold Latakia."

That day, a small portion of my faith in humanity was renewed.

• Options

I was at the campground when a friend's teen daughter got upset that I brought a pipe. Later that evening she and her Mother were walking back to the cabin when the girl said "Someone's burning really good incense, her Mother said "That's Woodsman's Pipe."

Vindication is sweet. The kid comes over to chat whenever I'm out smoking since then.

• Options
    "Whoa.  This stuff smells awesome"  -from one of the guys from at a recent pipe club meeting.  Does that count?