Home The Lounge
Options

Happy New Year!

What are you planning to smoke and do for New Years Eve?

We typically have Chinese food and stay home. This year I will probably have a good bourbon and enjoy my Friday Savinelli with my favorite LL7 blend. 

Comments

• Options
    @Londy3;
    I got to admire a man with a plan. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my brothers and sisters in TPL Land. I will go to my Smoking Shed in a few minutes and start a fire in my wood burner and then decide what tobac and pipe to end this miserable year with. I'll spend this evening with the love of my life. Great way to end a year and usher in a new one.
  • Options
    After a hectic Christmas, tonight will be mellow and enjoyed with my favorite beer.  May you all have a wonderful 2021.
  • Options
    I'm making sticky rice. Wind and rain will probably keep me from having a smoke. I haven't decided between whiskey or rum yet. 
  • Options
    @PappyJoe

Comparing 2020 to a cesspool is rude to cesspools, but I reckon it is damning with faint praise.
  • Options
    Happy New Year! My wife made a nice meal, then I enjoyed some Haunted Bookshop and some bourbon. I don't always suceed but I try to not dwell on my past or fear for my future in doing so I might enjoy today.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited January 2021
    We  had sushi.

I  had rum.

• Options
    And so it continues........
  • Options
    It was only me and the wife for New Years dinner. I cooked pork chops, mashed potatoes, black-eyed peas and a small head of cabbage. I seasoned the peas and cabbage with andouille sausage. 

I had a dram of Plantation Isle of Fiji rum. 
  • Options
    Just me and the cats and a frozen TV dinner.
  • Options
    @AnantaAndroscoggin
    It’s been awhile since I have even seen a TV Dinner😳.  I use to love the Salsbury Steak dinners.
  • Options
    @mfresa

Man, that must be hard to take......................................
  • Options

During this coming year, may you enjoy good health and happiness. May you have a kiss from your beloved, a smile from a child, a warm cozy home with the aroma of good food baking in the oven (or perhaps the room note of Mrs. Hudson"s 221B Bakery blend).  May you have a merciful IRS agent, good friends and helpful neighbors.  May you enjoy the fruits of your labors, celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, and may the sun shine on your face - but not too much.

May your computer and your refrigerator both be safe from spam, and may your email bring you only good news and jokes that are not as old as you are!  May you finally learn to understand what it is that you are supposed to eat: is it more pasta and less carbs?  Or less pasta and more carbs ... 

May your children and grandchildren receive a good report in school, and may you receive a good report also, from your dentist, from your ophthalmologist, from your  dermatologist, from your cardiologist, from your gastroenterologist, from your podiatrist, from your urologist (May it be God's will) and ultimately, from your God.  

Whenever it rains - and it will - may you have an umbrella.