Home General
Options

Could Someone Explain The Logic Of The Big Ben Tattoo Pipe?

edited November 2020 in General
I have several pipes from the manufacture Big Ben. Big Ben provides quality medium priced pipes (for the most part under $100.00), with a variety of shapes and sizes to suit most pipe smoker's preference. And I've found them to be great smokers for the money. But they've recently introduced a new line of tobacco pipes that completely defy explanation - unless your intent is to smoke crack, opium, or black tar heroine. They are called Tattoo Pipes. The October catalog from Pipes & Cigars has one listed as Tattoo Fantasia for $47.00. And it appears the bowl (if you can call it that) holds about a pinch of tobacco.
I'm afraid that if I was ever stopped by the police for a routine traffic stop, should they find this pipe in my possession it would be assumed I was a drug user, because in no shape or form does this look like a traditional tobacco pipe. I have many unique odd shaped or colored pipes in my collection that are clearly intended to be for tobacco - but this looks more like something you'd find in a shop that caters to the sale of legal marijuana. Not a traditional Smoke Shop.
Who would smoke just a pinch of tobacco?
If I don't have time for a lengthy smoke - or the weather dictates I cut it short - I'll simply fill the bowl halfway. And I also have one of those pocket pipes for a short smoke. But I can't imagine going through my usual smoking routine for a pinch of tobacco.
Below are a few photos of the Tattoo Line Of Pipes:

Comments