Home General
Options

Who was/is your favorite pipe smoker (living or not, famous or not, related or not) and why?

2»

Comments

• Options
    @opipeman I understand, it's a real shame. There's a few that I knew from sight. There was a man in the town my mom worked locally, likely as a handyman. He was slightly mentally challenged, but that didn't seem to hold him back at all. He had his pipe with him all the time, and I'd see him walk with a limp down the street by my mom's hair salon, a trail of pipe smoke following him as he went. He sadly passed away about ten years ago, but I can still see him in my minds eye. 

An old boyfriend of my mom also smoked a pipe, at least he did one of the times I met him. What made this occasion special was that I sat at the table with him and my mom as they looked through old photos for a reunion. It was here that I learned that I quite enjoyed the smell of Captain Black. 

This is why I love this site. I may not know you all in person, but through our interactions and chatting, I know a many pipe smokers and am thankful for the tips and stories you all share.
  • Options
    @thebadgerpiper;
    You speak truth, Brother!