Home General
Options

Question About Badges For 'Likes'

edited August 2020 in General
Once I realized that members can get badges for the amount of 'Likes' they get I try to make a habit of giving a post a 'Like' when-ever I read it ... provided it's actually something I like and don't disagree with. I might forget to click the "Like' button from time-to-time so don't think I've neglected you if you don't see my name listed. I might simply space out and forgot to click it.
But what I was wondering is we have several categories other than 'Like' to express our satisfaction or agreement with a member's post such as 'Genius', 'Surprised', 'Awesome' and 'Haha' ... all of which are positive responses, suggesting we found it quite informative or entertaining. So does clicking one of these other options deprive a member of accumulating points for a possible badge? Unless of course there are also special badges for categories like 'Genius' and 'Awesome'.
Might sound petty or a bit silly since the amount of badges we acquire doesn't result in a 'Major Award' or even a free tin of tobacco ... but for Newbies and those who have been around for a while - things like starting a discussion, responding, getting mentioned in the post, and getting 'Likes' helps you to move up the ranks. The more you participate the higher up the ranks you'll get. Starting or adding to a discussion gets you points ... and having that 'Like' clicked is a way of doubling the points.  

Comments

• Options
    I never think to react to a post with a click but I  will do so more often now that you mentioned it!
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    “Badges, I don’t need no stink’in badges”.🙂
    Although, I do click-it-y-click for others.
  • Options
    Not saying the whole badges thing is a joke, but a couple of years ago someone figured out one of the keys to getting an advanced title was the number of "Likes" a member received. That's why there are so many "Master" members on here and why some of them progressed from "apprentice" to "Master" in a week or two. 
  • Options
    "Dislike" is an ambiguous term in this context. It could mean you dislike the poster's opinion/statement, or it could mean you dislike what has happened -- perhaps health-wise -- to the poster. 
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar

Your comment, above, is well thought out and well stated. Thank you.