Home Pipes & Tools
Options

HOW MANY PIPES DOES ONE MAN NEED?

13»

Comments

• Options
    mapletopmapletop Master
    edited September 2020
    @opipeman Wrongo', The (unofficial) pipe collectors rules state that ownership of any more than 7 pipes (one per day)   constitutes as being a collector.  Embrace it there is no shame.

@AnantaAndroscoggin I absolutely concur.

As far as we pipe smokers should be concerned, if you own a pipe and you smoke it, you are a member of the tribe and if you own more than one, your an enthusiast, and if you own more than seven, well you already know the unofficial rules.
    The most important rule of pipe collecting is never telling your wife what they actually cost.

FYI there is one member of the CPCC Chicago Pipe Collectors Club who owns well over a million $ worth of pipes; but more importantly, he has smoked every one of them.
    Enthusiasm run amuck? You could argue that, but in my view variety is the spice of life.

Cheers, I hope you all have a great weekend

• Options
    mapletop@AnantaAndroscoggin 
    OK, OK, I am a collector. In my defense, I'm a long way from $1,000,000 worth of pipes. Thanks guys, I feel better now. 
  • Options
    @mapletop

<<The most important rule of pipe collecting is never telling your wife what they actually cost.>>

Yeah, like I could ever get anything past SWMBO......