Home General
Options

Scandinavian Tobacco Group coupon

I received this in the mail a few weeks ago but have no idea which retailers will accept it (there's a couple coupons in it).
No listings on the mailer, STB website is no help and they haven't replied to my emails.

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @zamboknee

I’ve got nothing. Can anyone help with this?  Maybe @Leonard ?
  • Options
    @zamboknee ~ I have used those coupons at Walgreens. 
  • Options
    They used to take them at Maine's Hannafords grocery stores, but I haven't seen any pipe tobacco in their cigarette/few cigars lockup for several months now. Closest they have are big bags of 1839 which is probably roll-your-own stuff.
    I haven't seen STG over the counter pipe tobaccos around here for over a year now.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    @zamboknee
         I have used several of the STG coupons.  I think they send them when you sign up here on TPL?  They send some around the time of my birthday, and around the fall winter holiday season.  Only one of my local  tobacco shops “Tobacco Row” accepts the coupons, apparently they are too much of a hassle for several of the other tobacco stores I have tried.  I actually have two in my wallet right now that don’t expire until the end of the year.
         The first few times I received the coupons a few years ago when I signed up at STG, the coupons were pay $1.00 for a pouch the rest was coupon.  Those were great coupons saving $5-$6 or more on each pouch.  Now they are save $3 per pouch, not as nice, but still about a 50% coupon...at least in my neck of the woods.
    I have to say, most of the “old codger” blends the coupons are for I actually like.  I would like to try some Paladin, but they don’t stock it.  Although, from most of the reviews it’s a tongue biter from hell, so maybe it’s a good thing they don’t have it?
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar Yea, I'd have to agree with the statement about Paladin and tongue bite. I bought a pouch for old times sake as well because I remember seeing it in the drug store back in the day. Think I smoked a few pouches back them as well - but at the time I was a pretty inexperienced pipe smoker and assumed tongue bite was just part of the smoking process. I didn't realize until much later on that you can enjoy a pipe without scorching your tongue after every bowl. So when I recently bought a pouch of Paladin I had mastered the art of pipe smoking. Well apparently, that's not the case. Because I still got tongue burn during the smoke. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    And Paladin nips at your tongue, while Middleton’s Cherry Blend takes a big chunk out of it.