Home General

Memorial Day- A Tribute

Comments

• @KA9FFJ, You’re very welcome, like to do a little something in remembrance. Glad you appreciate it.
  • @KA9FFJ
    You mentioned "no historical reading" in another discussion so I thought I would add a comment here.
    Yesterday I starting reading, Pearl Harbor: From Infamy to Greatness by Craig Nelson. I'm only three chapters into the book and find it an interesting, if somewhat disjointed, read. So far it covered the buildup to World War II in the Pacific from 1914 to June 1941. 

It's 
    fascinating to see how blind group think on both the Japanese and the "Anglo-Saxon" side (United States and Britain) underestimated each other. I can excuse the British because they were busy with Hitler, but not the highly placed government officials in the State Department, Army and Navy. Sadly, it seems that the U.S. failed to learn anything from World War II in that the government and military has had the same mindset in Korea, Vietnam and the Middle East - the enemy was no match for U.S. might. 
  • Agree pappy, we always hear we have to be informed of these events, so as to make sure it never happens again, but of course it does happen again and again.