Home General
Options

East India Trading Company "Cellar Reserve" - The Blend Most Preferred By Indiana Wasps

It's raining now, but for the past few days I've been able to sit in the sun and enjoy the warmer weather. I usually pull out a lawn chair and a small wicker table for my drinks and assorted pipe accoutrements ... position myself so I'm seated directly in the path of the sun to bake away any lingering Covid-19 molecules clinging to my beard ... and smoke til my heart's content.
Two days ago I cracked open a tin of East India Trading Company "Cellar Reserve" and it seemed a tad moist. I packed my pipe anyway, lit up, and it smoked just fine. But I thought I'd leave the lid off the tin and let the sun dry it out a bit.
And then it happened. I found myself surrounded by wasps who were attracted to the open tin. They buzzed around, landed on the tobacco, and took turns dancing around the contents before flying away. Not sure if the little bastards pilfered any of the tobacco or not - because the moment I saw them swarm around the tin I was out of there like a shot. When the moment was right and the swarm has dissipated I grabbed the tin, screwed on the lid, and made a beeline of my own into the garage where I finished my bowl in relative peace.
Now I was led to believe that insects had an aversion to tobacco. And if I recall someone here suggested dumping unwanted tobacco around their tomato plants to ward off pesky insects.
Well I don't know about that - but I can tell you if you want to bait a wasp trap, open a tin of "Cellar Reserve" . It's apparently the preferred blend for Indiana wasps in my neck of the woods. 

Comments