Home The Lounge

Chicago Pipe Show 2020 Today!

Today, someone on a pipe forum mentioned that today would be the start of the Chicago Pipe Show, except for the virus. Thus, I decided to have create the Smoking Tent experience in my shop / smoking lounge.
Here are my tools. I opened my oldest tin, Cumberland from GL Pease. This was from 4/3/13. Guess what tobacco I will take to the first CPCC meeting, to share, after we can get together! I also took some Baklava tobacco. The olivewood pipe was purchased at the Friday smoke and swap. The other pipe is from JMG, a missionary on the other side of the world. The tamper is from Dead Guy Pipes.
Today, we have beautiful weather! Warm and Sunny. Definitely time to get out of the house. It is also fun to smoke indoors!
I really wish I could have invited y'all to join me, but two is OK, three would be crowded, and 300+ would not be possible.
Anyway, I hope y'all find time to enjoy a pipe today. Try to get a friend to join you. I look forward to meeting everyone in a year!
Winton

Comments

• Hey @Winton, I'd be at the Chicago show today, but since I can't, I'm with you in spirit in my garage.

If you're free next Friday at 7:30, you should hop on and join us here for our virtual pipe club on Zoom. We meet every week at the same time, and have a good group of guys chatting about pipes and life. It's the next best thing to actually being there in person, and we have people from all over the country there. Just hop in the thread and click the link to join us. We're having Beau York from Country Squire join us for the fun for the next meeting. If you can't make it, I understand, but the invite is there for you!
  • WintonWinton Master
    We had company today. So my wife and daughter played with the babies. My son and nephew joined me in my garage for a pipe or two. Good times had by all. Just like we were in the tent!