Home General
Options

New location for the 2020 Chicago Pipe Show

This year’s show is May 1-3, at the Westin in Itasca, IL.

Same weekend, different location

We have a minimum number of room rentals, so we need attendees to stay at the Westin. This is about the survival of the show. Please make reservations asap.

We need donations for the silent auction, again, this is about the survival of the show.

The Westin is located at the junction of three expressways and is close to O’Hare Airport.

Please attend the free Friday night banquet for future show announcements. 

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. We have had less than three months to put the show together under the most pressing of circumstances.

Comments

• Options
    Thank you for the update. I'll see what I can do. I'll at least make it to the Saturday show. Itasca is much closer for me than St. Charles, so that makes my drive much more manageable. 
  • Options
    So just a little update on the Chicago Pipe Show.
    At this time the show is still a go, any decision to cancel is most likely 4 weeks away although as fluid as this situation is it could be a little sooner or slightly later.
    Obviously the club wants to do the right thing, so we will just have to see how it all plays out.
    This link to our website is probably the best way to know the status,   

http://www.chicagopipeshow.com/show-update-3-15-2020-covid-19/

• Options
    Additionally, I wanted to let you know about two events at Arlington Pipe and Cigars.
    Arlington is the second largest pipe shop in the Chicago area and has been continuing to increase their inventories of pipes and tobacco over the last two years.
    I would also note they have very good relations with their distributors and as such they have hard to get tobaccos like Esoterica when nobody else has them.
    Arlington has just about finished their latest remodel project (second one in the last 12 months) which will vastly increase pipe related store space.
    I would also add that the CPCC will be conducting monthly club meetings at Arlington 4-6 times a year if anyone is interested.

• Options
    @mapletop Thanks for the updates. I will try my best to make it to the show this year. The only complication is that my wife and I are expecting our first child later this year, so if the danger is still present, I'll have to hold back. 

I will make it out to at least one of the club meet ups this year, though. 
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    edited March 2020
    Just got my room reservation cancellation email from the Westin that said they are shut down until May 4th.
  • Options
    @daveinlax
    Dang, I hope the rest of the country doesn’t need to stay closed that long.  This economy is already in trouble.
  • Options
    The Chicago has been canceled (see other post)