Home Tobacco Talk
Options

3 new blends from Watch City Cigar

Warning!  I can't taste flavors like others, so don't rely on my reviews.
Rougaroux:  The Rouxgaroux! The Cajun Werewolf. It prowls the sugar cane fields outside New Orleans looking for it's next victim.
Watch City's "Rouxgaroux" is based upon a bed of our "Simply Red" and a Matured Red Virginia. Rouxgaroux is an indulgent melange of flavors of stewed fig and plum. spiced with a generous amount of Perique along with some stoved Virginia and a bit of Bright Virginia for a unique floral note that drifts in and out through the bowl.
The first bowl, a few days ago was stronger than I prefer, but the second bowl today was much better. I enjoyed this blend, because I could catch different flavors. Actually it was very enjoyable. The weather station said it was 25 degrees and dropping shortly. I rarely retreat my unheated, but insulated garage at 7:00 am, but the temperature is going to drop soon and I had already cleared the snow off my wife vehicle and then cleared my daughter's car.
Old Dominion: Old Dominion is a simple yet complex tasting "Crumble Flake" (A mixture of cut leaf with some whole leaf added, pressed and sliced thick) of red, matured and bright Virginia varieties with a dose of Perique. Pressed for two weeks to bring out the natural sweetness.
I enjoyed this flake. It certainly fit into my strength standard, ie not too strong. I am attracted to Vapers. I need to try this blend in one of my cobs from Old Dominion Pipes. This will be in my rotation often.
Stubb's Pipe:  In Moby Dick, The Pequod's second mate, Stubb, is a pipe-smoking Cape-Cod man, good tempered and "neither craven or valiant." A perfect description for this blend of our Crumb Cut Burley, light, sweet Carolina Flake, and just a touch of Virginia and Green River black. A very light unique aromatic is used and carried by a small measure of ship's rum. Delicious, cool, naturally fragrant and mild.
This is my favorite. I could taste the sweetness. It is a light aromatic, but I could also enjoy the tobacco flavors.

Comments

• Options
    @Winton
    I think I need to capture the Rougaroux :)
    The temperature started dropping last night and snowing.  It was up around 58F Saturday and above freezing until late evening.  Then it started dropping Sunday, it was around 8 degrees last night when the sun went down.  It was 2 degrees here this morning...chilly, I think we made it to just under freezing today for a high, but it sure "felt" warm ;)
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar   Right now it is 6 degrees. Later this morning, I have an interview. Normally, I would wear a suit, but today it will be sweater and heavy winter jacket. Based off the industry norms, I suspect that the actual dress code will be nice jeans and a polo shirt.