Home Tobacco Talk

Lane v. Captain Black

I have over the years smoked a lot of Lane product, and I do love my Captain Black White. I have seen on occasion lists that compare the products, i.e., 1Q is supposed to be the same as CB Dark (I think). I seem to recall RLP-6 being the same as my CB White. Does anyone have a reliable list of the Lane v. Captain Black products comparable products. I have seen these often online, and I have seen various answers. I would appreciate it greatly if someone who has such could post it. I know opinions will vary greatly, but I am looking for verifiable information.

Thank you in advance

Comments

• motie2motie2 Master
    edited March 2019
    Online opinion seems to favor 1Q being CB Royal, RLP-6 being CB, and BCA  being CB Dark.

And VBC is better than all three. Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong.

• Agree with motie2 opinion, at least about 1Q and BCA. the others I never smoked.
  • I think that 1Q is CB Gold (I’m not a fan),  I like CB Royal....maybe it’s all in my head?  The others I agree with.  I know this is not really helping.  I think we need Leonard to help us out, but it might be a trade secret?
  • Rather have @Leonard look into why we can't "Like" posts because of "Permissions Problems."
  • My opinion is as follows, Lane IQ is not comparable to Capatain Black Dark, agree with RockyMoutainBriar IQ is comparable to CB Gold. I don't see CB White comparable to RLP-6. Like both blends. Captain Black Dark is comparable to VBC however I give the nod to VBC. Think I'll quit while I'm ahead.
  • Hello All. My first post here on TPL. Padre Piper on YouTube had a video Nov. 3rd, 2017 where her read a 2014 review by Young Piper on tobaccoreviews.com for Lane Limited RLP-6. Young Piper claimed to have called and spoken with a manager at Scandinavian Tobacco Group named Marsha who supposedly confirmed some Lane vs. Captain Black are indeed the same with the exception of Captain Black having added preservatives. If these reports are to be believed, RLP-6 is the same as Captain Black Original (White) and Lane 1-Q is the same as Captain BLack Royal. Personally, I've smoked these tobaccos interchangeably for years so I'm inclined to believe the reviewer. 
  • Well then @Smokebacca, welcome to the forum!
  • Welcome @Smokebacca I have the opinion that a great many aromatic blends share the same recipe as the Captain Black tobaccos. I've acquired about 100 different aromatic blends in my cellar and slowly but surely I'm discovering a lot taste exactly alike - and Captain Black seems to be a common denominator.