Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Peterson Tobaccos - Official Word from STG???

I have seen posted on Facebook that a letter has been sent by STG to some tobacconists that the following blends will continue to be available, but that the others will be discontinued:  

University Flake
Irish Flake
Connoisseurs Choice
Irish Dew
Aran
Old Dublin
Sherlock Holmes

Perfect Plug/3Ps is rumored to have been inadvertently left off this list.

Since this site is owned by STG, I'm asking for official confirmation of these facts.  In addition, can these questions be answered?

Will 3Ps be continued?
Will all of these blends be available where they were previously distributed, or will some areas no longer receive these blends even though they'll still be produced?

Comments

• Options
    My apologies for starting a new thread. I see that an admin, Leonard, has already posted a list of blends to be continued in another thread.  Are you an employee, Leonard?  I'm just trying to determine if that is a list that you received directly from the horse's mouth.  If you are an employee, could you please respond to my last question about distribution?
  • Options
    @hairrell - Leonard is an employee of Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG). STG owns "This Pipe Life" forum and Peterson Tobacco blends. Distribution is often handled by a third party distributor in some states. He also has no control over what individual retailers order.
  • Options
    Hi @hairrell . To PappyJoe's point, in this case, I am the horse (I've been called worse). As far as distribution, I would hope that tobacconists who had previously been ordering would do so again and we are certainly getting the same questions regarding when and what will return from tobacconists. Really it's up to the retailer. Our sales force will be out there pushing it once we're back in distribution (should be around April). Certainly the online retailers will carry everything we have.
  • Options
    Hooray,  So now STG can focus on the Dunhill blends, a person can dream
  • Options
    Working on it @mapletop. Working on it.
  • Options
    @Leonard   Thanks for the response,  That would be somthing
  • Options
    Thanks Leonard!  Excellent news.

For the convenience of someone who finds this additional thread, here is Leonard's response from the other thread:

“Good news, Old Dublin made the list. Below is the total portfolio. Any that got cut are still being manufactured for other countries, so could potentially come back in the future. I can assure you the volume for the items that got cut were minuscule.

Peterson 3P's Plug Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Balkan Delight Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Connoisseurs Choice Tobacco 50g
    Peterson De Luxe Mix Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Hyde Park Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Irish Dew Tobacco 5 x 40g
    Peterson Irish Flake Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Irish Oak Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Irish Whiskey Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Old Dublin Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Sherlock Holmes Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Sunset Breeze Tobacco 50g
    Peterson Sweet Killarney Tobacco 50g
    Peterson University Flake Tobacco 50g”
  • Options
    So, Leonard , do you need a good salesman to go around and push these brands,,,, I may be a little long in the tooth, but I’ve still got that gift, I have always been at the top of encouraging sales.
  • Options
    Please, ad to this list Wild Atlantic by Peterson!!! This is a excellent all day English/Balkan.
  • Options
    If you are interested in a job with Scandinavian Tobacco Group, here is their employment site. Perhaps, with a little more effort, you could find the US website. 

https://careers.st-group.com/go/STG-Jobs/2931101/