Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Crown Manol pipes

I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with Crown Manol pipes. I'm looking for a decently cheap pipe that I can keep in my patrol vehicle. I have a Dr. Grabow that I've used for a long time, but its a straight pipe and I have found I prefer a bent pipe. From what I see there are no reviews yet online so I figured one of you gentleman might have one. Just wanting to find out how it smokes. 

Comments

• Options
    Never hear of Crown Manol pipes, but if you are looking for a cheap and good work pipe, try one corncub. 
  • Options
    mapletopmapletop Master
    edited November 2018
    @Michael308 Greetings and welcome to TPL.
    Crown Manol pipes if they are the cheap ones $25 to $40 are made by Romera pipe factory in Italy and there is not much info on them.
    I have one and its basically a basket pipe, (if you not familiar with the term, it refers to a cheap pipe usually piled in a basket on the counter of a smoke shop)  I use them when working or getting grungy, so if i accidentally ruin one no big deal
    It smokes OK, nothing special, to me its a utility pipe.

You can get a much better pipe for the same money ($35), check out the Molina pipes at   Tobacco Pipes  .Com    https://www.tobaccopipes.com/tobacco-pipes/?_bc_fsnf=1&brand=113
    Note: most, if not all of their pipes are set up as 9mm filter pipes; I have several and they smoke just fine with out the filters, so it's optional

• Options
    @mapletop thank you for the info! I checked into the Molina pipes and like them as well. Thats really all I need it for, to be a utility pipe that if it gets thrown around in the vehicle or broke some how it really won't bother me. @riobrusa thank you for your response as well. Its a personal preference but I just don't care for a corncob. I like the look and feel of the rustic wood pipe. Thank you both again!
  • Options
    @Michael308
    I can't say how happy I am that you have not been told not to smoke on duty. Keep puffing. Keep protecting! 
  • Options
    Agree 100% with Mangoandy. Keep going my friend.
  • Options
    I'm happy about it myself! Not that I've told the brass I do it mind you lol.... My shift partners are really the only ones who know for sure... And since I'm their Sergeant they know better than to say anything lol. Just kidding. Just gives them a reason to do some good natured picking on me lol
  • Options
    Figured I would give an update on the Crown Manol pipe. I was going to get a Molina pipe like @mapletop suggested but I was able to find a Crown on sale for very cheap and decided what the heck... I'll give it a shot. It smokes really well for such a cheap pipe. I was very surprised and the rustication looks very nice and has received some compliments from my shift partners. Although now that my eyes have been opened to Molina pipes I'm sure I'll be adding one to my ever growing collection of pipes soon. @mapletop my wife thanks you for this lol.