Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Peterson P-Lips

Love them, hate them, never used them?  

If you have them do you have problems passing pipe cleaners?

Comments

• Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    I do notice that I don't get as much tongue bite from a p-lip as a normal stem, understandably.  I like the older p-lips as they seem more tapered and more comfortable whereas the newer p-lips I am not much of a fan of as they are to big and bulky.
  • Options
    pipesithpipesith Newcomer

Can't say I'm a huge fan of them.  I do however use them sometimes with Virginia blends that give me tongue bite. It does seem to help. I do like to be able to pass a pipe cleaner while smoking and it is a little more difficult for me to do that with p-lip.

• Options
    I have a Savinelli Dry System with a P-Lip or whatever they call it. It doesn't pass a pipe cleaner so I have to take it apart to clean it. Other than that it smokes good. 
  • Options
    Topaz75Topaz75 Professor
    As I have mentioned before, all of the pipes in my current rotation are Petersons. Each one of them has the P-Lip option and I like it a lot.

Reading a lot of the posts on this forum has gotten me thinking about trying some different things again. Next time I score some tobacco, I plan to pick up a couple of MM cobs.
  • Options
    @topaz75 are your p-lips older or newer?  I have noticed a major difference between the age, how old, the p-lip is and I'm not enjoying the newer ones as much.
  • Options
    Topaz75Topaz75 Professor
    Looks like I have a combination of the two. I guess I've gotten used to both, so I don't really mind the difference.
  • Options
    @topaz75 Do you use anything like a softy bit?
  • Options
    Topaz75Topaz75 Professor
    I do not. In fact, I was not even aware that such things existed until I heard about them on this forum. I actually saw them for the first time yesterday while cruising the Pipes and Cigars website.