Home General
Options

Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding 8 ounce tin for 23- 25 dollars

qmechanicsqmechanics Apprentice
edited November 2018 in General
Hi
Seattle Pipe Club's Plum Pudding (8 ounce tin) is back on for another 6 day falling auction. Where? At Cigarbid . Why the price range? The range represents the falling auction's  lowest bids before it resets. It does require patience and a steady hand.

https://www.cigarbid.com/a/seattle-pipe-club-plum-pudding-pipe-tobacco/3036145/

PS Do yourself a favor, look over Cigarbid's help section  especially concerning falling auctions and shipping  (cost & times) and enjoy. You can also bid on other tins and pipe related items if you so desire.

Comments

• Options
      If you are patient there are good deals to be found on cbid, though granted the current one is exceptionally impressive. For instance, I pick up Viprati and other good tobaccos on a regular basis for $4-6 dollars before shipping. If you purchase enough tins over a week (set shipping to once a week) the cost for the first item (advertised at 5.95) can be spread over multiple tins. Depending on the size of my order, I have also found the initial 5.95 shipping charge can drop (I have seen it decrease to 4 dollars) .The added 1.00 dollar per tin after the first purchase does not change. Note: If you enjoy cigars one can easily offset the cost with some nice sticks as well.

Another trick is to set up your first shipment  for every Thursday. Then on Wednesday night before your shipment is set to go, change it to Wednesday shipping and it extends the period to next week Wednesday.  You can only do this once every cycle giving one more opportunity to win tins while the initial shipping charge covers many more days in the process. After the Wednesday shipment is sent wait until the following Tuesday night and change the shipping to Tuesday. After that order is sent  a week later the shortest play is on Monday night moving from Tuesday to Thursday during the same week. It resets the process  for future bids.  

In reality you have to be strategic in how you bid, approach the auctions with patience/caution (Some weeks are better than others as people come and go), know the products (while being diligent with P&C, Tobaccopipes etc. and their sales.)etc. and take it from there. Those who have a broader taste in tobaccos (Aromatics, Latakia and Virginia blends) will also find cbid more useful. 
         There are a limited group of blends on cbid (Typically ~100-150 items (Pipes, blends, accessories) up for bid) and the rotation changes slowly. However if you wish to cellar a few blends or are curious it cannot hurt to explore things on your own;tastes and expectations differ so why not? 

PS I provided a link to the auction in question. Before anyone passes judgement please learn about how the auctions work www.cigarbid.com/help/bidding-features/2069130/   Plum Pudding at 40% off online prices is a great opportunity.