Home General
Options

Peterson Customer Service is A++

I like to give credit where credit is due, so I wanted to let you all know about the fantastic experience I had with Peterson...I bought a new pipe a few weeks back and it had some issues, so I emailed Peterson directly. The next morning I had three emails in my inbox from 1. The owner of the B&M, 2. Tony Whelan, Peterson Factory Manager, and 3. Conor Palmer, Commercial Director and son of the CEO. All were more than helpful, understanding, and kind. Over the next few days they stayed on top of the issue and were prompt with emails and wanted to make sure the problem could be resolved and that I would be a happy customer. They offered (I never asked) to send a replacement pipe to me which was to go out July 4th. I was eagerly awaiting the pipe when I got the email I pasted below (I took out the tracking numbers) this morning. Not only did they send a replacement, they MADE a replacement just for me since they were out of the type of pipe I had bought. I cannot say enough about their great service and how well they took care of me. I will follow up when I receive the pipe in a few days. 

Dear Weston,

I hope you are keeping well?

Today we have finally dispatched a new Summertime Pipe for you – We didn’t have a spare one on hand unfortunately (despite what I originally thought) so we had to make a new one from scratch.

I would expect that you should receive it within the next 5 days. We have set it via registered post and the tracking number is XXXXX. You can track the status of it here XXXXX.

I hope you enjoy it and it there are any problems or anything else you need, just let me know. 

Best Regards,

Conor

Comments

• Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    That is awesome.  Not trying to make light of them making you one but there shop is interesting and as many pipes that share the same shape and stems I wouldn't assume it would be to difficult.  I say that in a good way, as in it is awesome they are able to do that because I've heard other stories where the attitudes are your out of luck.
  • Options
    kaleehbkaleehb Newcomer
    Can't beat quality customer service, especially in a self centered capitalist society. Pipes and Tobaccos magazine has a nice article on Peterson in their current issue. Thanks for sharing and enjoy!
  • Options
    @drac2485 I pick up what you're saying, I have the same thought in the back of my mind...It's possible that they just picked up the same shape bowl, dipped it in some blue stain, threw a pre made nickle band and stem on and mailed it out.  I just don't want to admit that, haha. In all honesty, I never even asked them for a replacement. I just wanted to make them aware of the problem, esp since its on a new line. They offered a replacement and I said if they felt they should give me one then go ahead...which makes it even better customer service, they offered without me having to ask.
  • Options
    I agree @kaleehb, there are not many companies like that out there anymore.
  • Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    @pipeprofessor  I think the cool factor is that they are able to do that. After watching a more recent video about their factory and how they make pipes they are better, in a sense, at being able to do something like that versus some of the smaller companies out there.
  • Options
    @drac2485 I agree. I have read articles about them and although they crank out a ton of pipes there is only about 40 people in the entire company from pipesman to CEO. I pick up that it is a great family company and that makes it even better. 
  • Options
    So, I just got back from vacation to a large box from Ireland...I opened it and there was a very nice handwritten note from Conor Palmer, a great looking replacement pipe, along with two tins of tobacco 1. Summertime Blend 2016...and 2. The first Holiday Season 2016 blend to arrive in the US (as per the note from Conor). I am VERY impressed with their customer service and they have a Peterson fan for life!
  • Options
    @drac2485 Yep, it is awesome. I gotta get a pic up!