Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Planta Tobacco

I see Smokingpipes.com has Planta bulk on sale....I haven’t heard much, if anything, about these blends. What reviews I scanned didn’t seem favorable.

Any of y’all have any experience with these? What did you think?

Comments

• Options
    Never tried sir,sorry no help from me. 
  • Options
    piperdavepiperdave Connoisseur
    @Bloodhound61 I have tried a sample of the Planta - Anno MMVIII (Exotic Mixture) before. The smell of it in the jar was wonderful, I was hoping it would taste the same in a pipe. While it did have a good fruity sweet flavor I didn't think it was anything to rush to buy more of. I did have to go slow as well cause of how much moisture was in the blend (tongue burner), if it dries out it will loose its topping so it is kind of a double edge sword. I tried it in my cob because I was fearful it might leave some ghosting in my briar. To be honest with you I would prefer Lane 1Q over the Exotic Mixture given the choice. I have not tried the others but I can say that not all Planta blends are Aromatics so depending on what you like there may be something for you.
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback. @piperdave, though the price is right, I believe I’ll hang on to my tobacco money on this deal. Sounds as though it wouldn’t be a disappointment, but not a thrill either.
  • Options
    I hear a lot of pipe smokers raving about Presbyterian Mixture which is made by Planta. 
  • Options
    WoobieWoobie Enthusiast
    @PappyJoe Presbyterian is some really delicious stuff. It is a medium English, though. So it probably isn't for someone who doesn't enjoy Latakia. It is very well balanced and flavorful.