Home The Lounge
Options

THE MANCAVE IS FINALLY COMPLETE (pic heavy)

I'm sure by now that most of you have grown tired of my incessant posts and pics about my little hidey-hole in the attic.  So, for those of you that have grown weary, I apologize.

But, as I've commented in the past, I've been on the lookout for some tables to complete the room.  One for my 35 year old hand carved marble chess set and one to have beside my chair for my ashtray, drink, lighters, tampers, etc...

Consequently I've been perusing CL, thrift shops & estate sales in search of a bargain, and something that would be appropriate for my current furnishings / decor.

As luck would have it, I stumbled across an ad on CL last night.  I knew immediately that these tables were the right ones, so I reached out to the lady that had em listed.

Barbara, a sweet retired lady, shared with me that she had recently redecorated her retirement home, and had been trying to sell the tables locally in her neighborhood for the last month or so.

She had originally been asking $250, but had recently listed em on CL for $125.

I hopped in Blondie's minivan this morning and made the 1 hour trek up to Cary to look em over. 

They are about 15 years old, and despite the minimal wear and tear, are in excellent condition.

I asked her if she would accept $100?  She politely declined but countered @ $110.

So, I know what ya'll are thinking....   You can't believe that I would pay over $100 for anything in the mancave, and normally you'd be right.  But in this case, she is a sweet little old lady of 80 or so years or so, and I made an exception....   ;-)

Comments