Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Snug Harbor

ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
edited April 2018 in Tobacco Talk
Packed a super fat bowl of Snug Harbor in my Dagner Cob. My first impression of the blend earlier was not Aromatic as I have come to learn about this one. The room note is definitely aromatic, but it feels English to me. I don’t know. Maybe I’m a weirdo. Lol. Still love it, just slightly perplexed.

Comments

• Options
    @ocpunk714 As a strictly aromatic smoker I've quickly learned many tobaccos claiming to be aromatic are not my idea of an aromatic because I'm one of the minority who really doesn't like the taste of pure tobacco, so the more masked the flavor is with heavily cased sweet flavors the more I like it. But the more purist or true tobacco connoisseurs who can differentiate the taste of tobaccos like Virginia, Burley, Cavendish, Perique, Oriental, Lataki, and Balkan prefer tobacco to be the dominant flavor and any flavoring to be way in the background. And this has been my experience with many of the Cornell & Diehl aromatics. I've never really understood the term English Aromatic because the presence of Latakia is so overwhelming that what-ever aromatic flavoring is added is lost on me.       
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii -- My friend, as usual, you express how I feel about aromatics vs. English/Oriental forward blends better than I ever could......