Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Which one is your favorite

Okay, time for a question that, for some of you, may be very difficult.  I know for me it is.  But let's limit things a bit by saying new acquisitions don't count.  Which one of your pipes is your favorite and why (yes, you can only pick one).

For my it's my 1993 Randy Wiley (pictured).  It smokes really well.  It's big but It's comfortable to hold.  I like the shape.  Add to all this the fact that I bought it directly from Randy Wiley.  I have others that are close (my new Dr. Bob, my carved meershaum I bought in Turkey which I only smoke during the Cristmas Holiday season, and my natural Nording that is taking on a nice patina) but this is my favorite.

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited March 2018
    My original E.A. Carey Apple, purchased in the summer of 1969 for $15.00
    Smokes dry and cool today as it always has, and brings back so many memories over the years since then.
    When I gave up pipe smoking in the mid-1980's, it was one of three pipes I kept....
    ....until I took up the pipe once again in the summer of 2016, and found TPL.

• Options
    I have only been smoking for a short while and have built a nice collection of pipes, but my favorite will always be my first one. It’s what opened the door to this culture for me.

H.I.S. briar made in Italy

• Options
    BentbrierBentbrier Professor
    @ocpunk714 my first was my  favorite for a long time, still is one of my favs which is why I still have it.  Yours looks great.
  • Options
    Like @motie2, my favorite pipe has nostalgic significance as well as being one of my best smokers. It's the first pipe I bought almost 30 years ago.  It was from a seconds basket in Anchorage Alaska. This pipe is like an old friend that has traveled a lot with me through the years. 

• Options
    @Kmhartle Nice pipe.  Hard to believe, but sometimes the bargain bin can hold a jewel your proof it happens.  I agree a pipe can become a good friend.  Once upon a time, 25 years ago,  in North Pole, Alaska I wrote an article for the Santa's Smokers news letter about the difference between pipes and cigars.  The focus was how a pipe becomes friend that you spend many memorable hours with.  Where as a cigar is just burned and gone.
  • Options
    @Woodsman Very nice and full of great memories I'm sure.