Home The Lounge
Options

Creative Corner: Share your creative/artistic outlet

Londy3Londy3 Master
edited March 2018 in The Lounge
Hey gang, I thought to start a thread to touch on our creative outless. It seems we have many folks here that have amazing talent. Let's share it. What creative outlets do you have? Music? Drawing? Painting? Poetry? Theater? Crafting? Building? Or something else?

I will start first to get things rolling, I am a musician and artist. I have a solo piano release and I also play mandolin. Attached are a few paintings and drawings I have done. 

Comments

• Options
    Those are awesome! @Londy3

Thank you for commenting on my poetry and making this thread. I will definitely be contributing.
  • Options
    Beautiful work, @Londy3. I’m really impressed. I used to paint oils when i was younger but nothing as quality as your work. Most of my artistic outlets are musical nowadays. I play guitar, djembe and sing at church, small groups and local bands. I have written a few songs as well. I also play trombone in the Army Band and local rock bands, as well as play a some ukulele, mandolin and Native American flute. I’ve always loved art and various artistic expressions. I believe pipe smoking is an art form. So I bet you get a lot of responses to this post. 
  • Options
    @Londy3 Nice eye, good balance, and fine execution.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the compliments guys. I hope more folks post stuff...
  • Options
    I produce hip hop instrumentals using a variety of influences from my vinyl collection. My true passion has always been music. Got my first guitar at the age of 12. These are quite old by the way. My sound has evolved since this SoundCloud account was made.

There are bunch of beats if you keep scrolling the page and click “show more tracks.”

https://m.soundcloud.com/john-lenin
  • Options
    I just make pipes. 
  • Options
    I have no special talent at all; I was just very good at my job -- stayed in my last pulpit for 29 years.
    My younger son, aka "DJ No Request," on the other hand, won an award for Platinum sales and a 2009 Grammy for R&B album of the year.

Last name obscured to avoid letting malevolent folks know his/my last name.
  • Options
    @motie2 No way!!! I love Nas!!! He is one of my favorite emcees and one of the reasons I started rapping when I was 14.
  • Options
    @motie2 I think being a pastor is a very special talent. You need to be able to speak with people, educate, be educated. It is actually something I wish I would’ve done with my life instead of f’ing it royally for awhile. Lol.
  • Options
    RyanmclellansrRyanmclellansr Apprentice
    edited March 2018
    I have no special talent to create things, well I made five babies with my wife...does that count?!?! Lol
  • Options
    @Ryanmclellansr Your seed sounds very talented. :D:D:D
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii -- Dude, you must have had disposable income out the ol' wazoo.
  • Options
    @motie2 Not too sure about the disposable income - but money seemed to disappear as fast as I made it. None of the jobs paid a living wage so each accomplishment listed was more of a glorified hobby. Although due to my time as a CD reviewers I have amassed quite a collection of CDs over the years. As for my musical career as Ghosts Of Pompeii I think I may have broken even. But that's about the extent of it. My genre of choice - prog/rock has a very select and limited fan base - hardly enough sustain a living wage. And as for fiction writing, small press publication paid next to nothing for short stories. Sometimes no more than 1/4 cent a word. Entertainment and music magazines paid better. The most I ever made on an article was $1500.00 while the least I made for a short story was a measly check for $4.95. Hardly enough to plan a budget. And now with all the blogs and free information on the internet small press publications have all but dried up ... and both my talents as a free-lance writer and progressive rock musician have gone the way of the dinosaur in terms of sustaining a living.    
  • Options
  • Options
    It's a shame how technology destroyed a lot of creative jobs. I too was a victim and got out of a career I loved.  Now, with AI and more of this crazy technology, more jobs will be replaced. Technology is not producing more jobs like it used to, it's automating them.
  • Options
    @Londy3 -- I hear that, too! One of the nice things about a clergy vocation is that it's generally technology proof.
    The only way you can screw up is by not doing your job.
  • Options
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii, it's such a shame man. 
  • Options
    Sorry for so many pics,  but woodworking is my passion.  I planed and sanded the live edge oak planks/boards. Got a cedar log out of my future project pile. Split it down the middle then i started cleaning it up with my draw knife. So it will also have a cedar shelf handmade from the log.  Then I'll fasten the oak boards together after I  wood burn the design on it.  
  • Options
    I only have one outlet and its probably not to hard to guess what it is. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited March 2018
    @BlueCollarBastard
     You wrote: <<Sorry for so many pics>>
    I, for one, am enjoying your pix.
  • Options
    It’s truly amazing at seing everyone’s artistic abilities and skills with woodworking. I wish I had that type of talent. I was never the best artist, I failed my art final in high school of draw the picture better than you did at the beginning of the year. Apparently I got worse as the year went in haha.