Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Seattle Pipe Club blends

ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
edited March 2018 in Tobacco Talk
I am really loving the Seattle Evening. Has anybody tried Mississippi River or Plum Pudding? I hear good things about those. I am expecting some Plum Pudding Special Reserve in the next couple days. Thinking about picking up some Puget Sound or Mount Ranier.

Comments

• Options
    I haven't tried Mississippi River or Plum Pudding (or the pricier Special Reserve) but they are on my P&C wish list. I just got a tin of Seattle Evening and hope to pop it open later tonight. If not, it I'll be my morning smoke. I look forward to it as you've given it great reviews. 
  • Options
    WoobieWoobie Enthusiast
    I've Mississippi River and Potlatch. Both are excellent. 
  • Options
    I too love Mississippi River. Good stuff. 
  • Options
    I second the Mississippi River, I am also a fan of Deception Pass
  • Options
    I have tins of Plum Pudding and Potlatch, and they're both great blends. Plum Pudding reminds me of Hearth and Home's Fusilier's Ration, which is another blend I'd recommend giving a try. One day I'll try Deception Pass and Mississippi Mud, as SPC has proven themselves to make quality tobacco.
  • Options
    @thebadgerpiper I have been looking for Fusiliers Ration. Want to try that one for sure.
  • Options
    I miss Seattle Pipe Club's Pike Place. It is now longer produced or discussed because they got sued because of the name. 
    I have smoked most of the older blends and they were all enjoyable but left me wondering why they chose the names they did use. 
    I still have a tin of Potlatch sitting in my cabinet unopened. Maybe I'll try it one of these days.
  • Options
    I like Mississippi River, I haven't tried any others. So many tobaccos, so little time.
  • Options
    Plum Pudding Special Reserve is as advertised...definitely a mouth watering, sweet blend that had me buying another tin for keeps in my cellar.
  • Options
    In memory of Joe Lankford

[note: The following email was received by the club's webmaster.]

TO THE ENTIRE SEATTLE CLUB MEMBERSHIP

When I discovered recently that Joe Lankford will not be mixing any more tobacco on this earthly plane of existence, it affected me more deeply than I expected.  
    While I didn’t know him very well, that is to say I talked with him briefly at the Chicago Shows, I recognized his intelligence and is affability – 
    two very desirable qualities in any person.  He contributed greatly to our hobby/life-style and he will be missed.

As a way to remember him and, in a small way, to do homage to his ability as a tobacco blender extraordinaire, 
    I have recently opened my first tin of Seattle Evening I picked up at the Chicago Show in 2018. 

To be honest, the first bowl was not great as I may have gotten a bit of ghosting from the last tobacco, or, more likely, I didn’t let the tin air out and dry a bit first.  
    The next several pipefuls went from pretty good to great and the last several smokes have been heavenly. 
    Three pipes are now exclusive to it.

Every time I load up with Seattle Evening I am reminded of Joe and his dedication to creating memorable blends and, by doing so, bringing friends
    closer together.

From all of us, we celebrate your life, Joe and mourn your loss.
    Your efforts will live on a long time.  Thank you.

Mark Barsness
    Minneapolis, MN

February 2023

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have received this message from the mailing list of Seattle Pipe Club.