Home The Lounge
Options

Skateboarding and Pipe Smoking

ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
edited March 2018 in The Lounge
I just heard about Jason Dagner and my mind is blown. Been a huge skateboarding nut forever. I was actually recovering from an injury when I found my first Briar. More of a cruiser and into dudes like Jay Adams, Tony Alva, Christian Hosoi because they were my heroes growing up in the 80’s. A lot of them received salvation from the Lord and that fires me up as well.

Anyways....here is a Smoking Dagners video:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=1455s&v=QcIIIb2W1bs

Comments

• Options
    I could never get into skateboarding (I owned one board, and that didn't go very well...), but I have a ton of respect for those that do. Back in High School and College, I played a ton of the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, up through THPS4. I also listened to a ton of Christian punk bands back in the day, and punk music and skateboarding go hand in hand.
  • Options
    ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
    edited March 2018
    @thebadgerpiper That’s awesome! What bands did you listen to? I was into The Crucified, MXPX(early days), Stavesacre, The Dingees, Overcome, pretty much everything out of the early 90’s catalog of Tooth N Nail Records.

Have you heard of Thumper Punk Records? They have a bunch of Christian punk bands on their roster.
  • Options
    @ocpunk714 I'm a huge fan of Tooth and Nail, ever since my high school days. My favorite punk band is without a doubt Dogwood, but I also enjoyed Five Iron Frenzy, MxPx, Slick Shoes, Ghoti Hook, Project 86, Stavesacre, Ace Troubleshooter, and Hangnail. I still listen to whatever T&N puts out, especially the bands on Solid State. If you've heard of Flatfoot 56, I knew a few of the members before they made it big. Their drummer played for my youth group.

I've heard of Thumper Punk Records, though I don't believe I've listened to any of their bands. I follow indievisionmusic.com for new music, and I've seen them post about that label on their site.
  • Options
    @thebadgerpiper “You Won Me Over” by Flatfoot 56 is one of my favorite songs.
  • Options
    @ocpunk714 They've come a long way since I hung out with them. I'm proud of what they've been able to accomplish. 
  • Options
    I had a skateboard as a kid and I liked it pretty good. It was a way to get me to my friends house. We didn't do tricks and stuff back then. So, I don't recall there being an image attached to it. Later, I used my bike as my primary source of transportation.
  • Options
    This was my 38 year old's skateboarding disaster Xrays

• Options
    My first skate board was nearly seven feet tall (or long, depending on how you look at it) and didn't have wheels.  Required waxing first before riding it.  Never had to worry about falling on concrete but had to be careful of rocks.  Wouldn't think of smoking while riding though.