Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Pipe Heritage

As I had my weekend morning smoke, in my HIS pipe, I was smoking Eileen’s Dream. I got to thinking, as I was playing fetch with the dogs, I’m smoking an Italian pipe, but having “Irish” inspired blend. Going further down the rabbit hole, I started thinking about my own pipes.

My collection is a mix of Irish, Danish, English, Italian, and American pipes.  But, the bulk of my collection are Italian pipes. I happen to be a 2nd generation Italian on my dad’s side and a 3rd generation (barley since my grandpa was a first and my grandma a first generation) on my mom’s side. My dad was the first one born here in his family in the late 50’s. My Italian heritage came from the Reggio region of Calabria and grew up speaking the regional language and dialect in home.

To further my rambling I prefer the Italian makers followed by Irish. I got to thinking, subconsciously has this always swayed my pipe preferences? Or do I just prefer the Italian esthetics over everything else? I would be curious of hearing from other members, has anyone else thought this?  Or is it just my mind wandering due to my ADD and too much coffee?

Comments