Home Tobacco Talk

Going to cellar some tobaccos

2»

Comments

• ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
    edited March 2018
    Thanks @Jayhawk422

Here’s another updated look from this morning. I feel like building this is something I enjoy as much as tasting a fine quality tobacco.

• Building a cellar is part of the fun of the hobby. I know with some blends now going away, don’t be afraid to try them. This will truly help you along your journey to finding which ones you would like. 

I had had a bunch of Dunhill blends built up, some of which I never tried. I ended up loving the Royal Yacht, and to be honest I can’t get enough of that one. I was afraid to try it due to the high octane nature of the blend. With in the first bowl it became my favorite.
  • ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
    edited March 2018
    @Jayhawk422 I am tempted to just open my small Frog Cellar tin to see what it’s like. Maybe on my birthday. Don’t know if I want to break up the set though.
  • @ocpunk714 - Open it and smoke it. Looks like you have more than the one tin and if you've never tried it, why are you saving it? 
    Seriously, open it and transfer it to a jar. 
  • WoobieWoobie Enthusiast
    I have a tin of FM original. I didn't care too much for it when I opened it last year. It was kind of a Lat bomb. I love Latakia, but I want complexity in an English blend. I tried a bowl a few months later, and it was a bit better. I think it's getting time to try some more. The only time I had Cellar, it already had some age on it, so I don't know if it would be a similar problem with that one. I now have a 100g tin of Bayou, but I think I'll wait a year or so to open it.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the original eventually, but I'm willing to be patient and let nature take its wonderful course.
  • I think I’m comfortable with the cellar I have and now I just want to take some time to smoke, blend a bit for fun and not blow through anymore cash for awhile. 

:D:D:D
  • @ocpunk714, Not blowing through cash is a great idea.....until the next sale at Smokingpipes, Pipesandcigars or Countrysquire. LOL The first step in treating TAD and PAD is admitting you are afflicted. Even then, there is no cure or treatment.