Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Junk Jar/ Catch All

Does anyone have a Junk Jar or Catch All for those tobaccos you just don't have enough to smoke or don't like?  Have you ever smoked it with good results? Do you have an individual jar per type of Tobacco (ie: Aro, English, VaPer)?

Comments

• Options
    Actually I have two. One is labeled "Compost" and that contains tobacco that for some reason or other I decided I didn't like after smoking most of the tin. So I put the remains in a jar and I add either Prince Albert or Carter Hall  and mix it real well. I add to it as the mood hits me. It makes for a good yard work smoke.

The second jar is named "Leftovers" and it contains that last little bit remaining in a tin I like. It's usually no more than a bowl and sometimes it is a little crispy. I just keep adding to it as I come close to finishing a tin so the volume grows slowly but it also provides a decent smoke. I will open this jar when I'm sitting here and just can't decide what I want to smoke next.
  • Options
    Good call @pappyjoe I like your compost jar. I think I may have to start that!
  • Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    @pappyjoe  I agree with @pipeprofessor and will have to make a compost jar and mix it with something else, I'm learning I really need to try prince albert and carter hall
  • Options
    I never save leftovers or the remainder of a ( new ) blend that I've tried and didn't like. Instead I scatter the stuff
    around the perimeter of our vegetable garden and it helps control rodents. It seems that when they eat the tobacco
    the nicotine gets into their system and kills them. Also, the wild rabbits don't like the smell and stay away. Been
    doing this for years !
  • Options
    I created a pair of catch all jars a while back and labeling one 'Baker Street Irregulars' which contains left-ovesr from blends I actually enjoyed. Then there is another jar similar to @PappyJoe compost jar that contains very old tobacco blends I had stashed away in a closet from long forgotten companies - and that's the tobacco I use for experimenting with different liquors and food grade flavoring products. I've saturated a small quantity with everything from Absinth, Kahlua, and Apple Cider to spices like clove, nutmeg and cinnamon. Even broke up a 'Constant Comment' teabag and added it to the tobacco. I haven't got a clue as to what I'm doing, but enjoy the experience and haven't harmed myself to the point of requiring hospitalization, so I'll continue until I come up with something worthwhile.     
  • Options
    I ordered a pound of "Best of the Rest" from P&C, it's their remnants left over on the blending/packing table. It's a cheap Crap Shoot as to what you get, I threw "Snake Eyes". I use it to poison standing water to kill the mosquito larva. I'll try the garden idea to see if keeps the deer away from my Wife's flowers.