Home General
Options

Oils/wax

I really don't know how or who to ask this. But is there anything that y'all prefer to have burning while smoking. I love the way pipe tobacco(of all types) smells.but just wondering if there was or are any smokers candles that really work or is it just hype.
I live in Texas so it way better to smoke inside.

Comments

• Options
    I like a campfire, but thats a bit bigger than a candle! 
  • Options
    It is better to light a candle after smoking than to have the candle aroma interfere with the enjoyment of the room note of a good tobacco. Unless it's something awful like Royal Yacht.
  • Options
    drac2485drac2485 Professor
    @elruletero I saw this post when you first put it up and have been thinking about how to respond.  I too live in Texas and have been wanting to smoke all day but its too hot and the wind is making going outside like stepping into a blast furnace.  I agree with @pappyjoe I'd rather light a candle afterwards, and most that are smoker's candles I have found to work, but lighting one while smoking tends to draw the flavors of the candle into the tobacco/pipe as it infuses the air your smoking.  I have lit up at a friend's house that uses heavy fragrances to cover their cigarette smoke and the fragrances made me let the pipe go out and pick it later elsewhere.
  • Options
    While smoking on the porch I'll often light a scentless candle or two for my wife in the evening. Scented candles ruin the taste of the pipe.
  • Options
    I have a few scented candles I'll burn as I get near the bottom of the bowl. And also discovered these strange wooden incense cones that smell like a burning campfire. One of the Primitive Shops my wife frequents had these for sale during the Christmas season, and they're suppose to smell like pine wood or cedar burning in a fireplace. And depending upon the mood I'm trying to set they seem to do the trick nicely. But my wife said they make the room smell more like I'm smoking a Latakia blend.