Home General
Options

Other ways to talk: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap-Chat and others.....

Hey guys, been a while since I have been on here.  I can always get up here to my PC and it is all I have to chat on this site.  I do get to see and talk to a couple of you via other Social Media so that brings us to this subject/post...
How many people use other Social Media outlets to chat?
What do you use?
Is it for family? Friends? Acquaintances or all or none of that?
Do you have Multiple accounts?
How many people do you talk to on them sites that are here or on other Smoking related sites?

I have Facebook and Instagram on my Cell Phone along with my PC, all are different accounts for many reasons.  Since my health has been bad recently I do not get to my PC much so I only get to communicate with people that are on my Cell Phone Accounts.  This site doesn't really work with my phone very good...or it didn't use to.....so some of you know I am still around and kicking but others have no clue if I am around, half dead or dead....lol  
If anyone wants to stay in touch with me over the Winter/Cold months send me a message and I will talk to you about hooking up on Instagram, Facebook Twitter or Snap-Chat on my Phone.  A couple of you already have me on them. 
Anyway sorry I am not on here much and I do miss you all but health and money have been keeping me away, take care and have a safe and happy Holiday.  See you all this Spring if all goes well....

Comments

• Options
    I'm too old for this social media crap, and I've watched Facebook swallow the attention of several family members. 
    When I want to get the attention of my sons, I have to text them as they don't respond to email or phone calls.
    (Texting on my beloved Samsung flip phone is a massive pain... and I refuse to activate the iPhone my youngest gave me.)
    Evenings, when I want to get SWMBO's attention I have to try to pry her phone out of her hands.

We all miss you @Wolf41035 and we wish you well. 

• Options
    I too am not a fan of all this social media. It's a time sucker. I only have LinkedIn and use that for work so it's not a personal social media thing, it's business. 
  • Options
    I'm on Instagram as thebadgerpiper. Just recently, I made myself a pipe focused account for twitter. You can find me there as the_badgerpiper. Facebook I keep only to keep in touch with family and college friends.
  • Options
    Don't have a Facebook account or a Snapchat, Instagram, or Twitter. Don't even own a smart phone.
  • Options
    Lately I haven't even been on my computer, it sits running all the time but screen stays off most of that time, turned it on today because I was feeling up to it for just a few and I miss chatting on here with you guys and gals.  I don't like social media and I am not always on it but it is a way to keep in touch with people when I am up to it and it is easier to have it on my smart phone because I have it with me where ever I am and don't have to go upstairs to get online.  I can understand why most of you wouldn't be on most social media....lol  I have gone days not using my phone...not even to talk on it!
  • Options
    @Wolf41035 Good to know you're feeling a little better. At least enough to come on-line a chat a while. My wife and I take turns on the computer so there is usually always someone in front of the monitor.  
  • Options
    @Wolf41035 Hi Wolf, good to hear from you. I have a Facebook account where my Sci Fi Convention Crew can keep in touch on, but usually don't go there till I get an Email prompt to go there.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @Wolf41035 Hello Wolf hope you had a good Christmas. I still go on the computer several times a day - but visit less and less sites that I used to frequent. Other than here at The Pipeline I probably only routinely visit maybe two others, where once I was pretty active on a variety of both music and horror sites. But I seldom if ever check in on any of the music sites. It's not that I'm no longer interested - it's just the people here are a lot more friendly.
  • Options
    Happy New Year Wolf, here's hoping you'll be better in the coming year. You're in our thoughts.

Frank
  • Options
    @Wolf41035 and all who suffer illness and infirmity:

Let us pray for the ill and suffering.  We bring their names to mind, and the nature of their illness to mind, and we send toward them our prayers and powers for healing. And we pray that the healing power of God is directed to all those who are suffering, that God grant them strength and healing of mind, body and spirit. We also pray that God will provide blessings of healing and strength to anyone among us today here who suffering in body or spirit.

And for those who are in the last days or hours of life, may God grant them an easy passage from this world to the next, a release from pain, a time of lucidity, acceptance, and insight, and hope and faith and trust in the embrace of God in the coming world.
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of social media, and deleted the ones that I did have back in 2013. I figure if my life ever spirals out of control, I don't want a prosecuting attorney looking for and finding anything and everything they can use against me.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I’m on the tail end of being classified as a millennial... that being said, my career actually started in social media marketing and it was my life. Today, I’m sick of it. I don’t have the desire or need to share everything with everyone. I do go on Facebook and Instagram here and there to see what is going on, but rarely do I interact. The only real social media I may actually be “active” with is with a few YouTube pipe channels or YTPC as they would group themselves. If you guys do want to follow me, my IG: kwaktastic. I don’t post as often as I used to but it would be nice to stay connected to my fellow TPL fam.
  • Options
    Listening to the Country Squire live show last night and a new social media platform named Mastodon was mentioned. There is a pipe group already set up and to find it you have to search for pipes.social and create a log in to join. It's seems to be a cross between twitter and facebook with a 500 character limit to what your write and the ability to post images and video. There are also apps available for Android and iOS operating systems.
  • Options
    BentonBenton Newcomer
    edited May 2018
    I use some social media simply because I have family and friends around the world. 
    Keep it simple. I use Instagram for the immediate family and Facebook messenger for friends. 
     We limit our use so as to avoid an overload of the non sense and political rhetoric that pollutes social media. 
  • Options
    jfreedyjfreedy Master
    I just joined the Mastodon pipe group today. It has potential. 
  • Options
    @jfreedy - people just have to remember to use it. I like the desktop version and was also steered to Amaroq for my iPhone. I guess it's the smart phone version of Mastodon and works good.
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @jfreedy, where do I find that group?  It didn't come up on a search.
  • Options
    I enjoy using Instagram. There are so many moments in life I miss with family and friends because they all live in different states.
  • Options
    @Londy3 - pipes.social is the pipe group on Mastodon. 
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    I really don't want the maintenance hastle of managing multiple social media outlets. Call me lazy I guess. 
  • Options
    I write letters...😏
  • Options
    Or non of the above 🤣😂