Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Who has their own private blends?

I have created two of my own private blends with the help of Jon David Cole at The Country Squire in Jackson, MS. 
The first is named Senior Chief and it was The Country Squire blend of the month in August 2015. We call it a crossover blend because it contains, Virginia's, Latakia, Black Cavendish, Perique and a touch of nutty/maple burley. 

My second blend is named Lighthouse Keeper and it is similar because it has the same basic tobaccos but in different proportions to make it a lighter smoke for hot summer days. I doesn't have the nutty topping either. 

Neither one has enough toppings to be considered an aromatic. 

Have any of you pipe smokers created your own blend (and no, throwing the last of your tins into one jar don't count.)

Comments

• Options
    I have not, I have a good friend that created two...Space Kraken and Toll Booth...I know it took him many, many attempts. That is just something that I do not have the patience for. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited September 2017
    Wow, nothing since July 2016.  Here's our favorite present day private blend, ONE. MORE. TIME.:

"Mrs. Hudson's 221B Bakery Blend" by @ghostsofpompeii

The name is a reference to Sherlock Holmes' landlady. Since Holmes probably smoked a strong English blend naming a sweet aromatic after him would be inappropriate. 

The blend consists of Sutliff bulk tobaccos blended together as follows: 

• Three parts (or 3 oz.) Sutliff Vanilla Custard
    • Two parts (or 2 oz.) Sutliff Chocolate Mousse
    • One part (or 1 oz.) Sutliff Crème Brulee (or substitute Sutliff's tinned Molto Dolce)
  • Options
    "Old Toby" - which is half Blackberry Winter & Half Cubed Burley (from Ted's Pipe Shop in Tulsa). My roommate and I created this about 25 years ago (pre Lord of Rings movies) to smoke while "listening" to the BBC audio version of LOTR. I still have some that I smoke from time to time in the same rusticated Peterson 302XL that I bought during that same time period. 
  • Options
    I've made my own take on a Wally Frank blend from the early 70's called Old King Cole", with the help pf some really knowledgeable people I was able to make myself a very close copy.