Home The Lounge
Options

TESLA REVEALS NEW ROADSTER

Ok, not exactly...  It was the prototype and the production models will be available in 2020 but, hey...  It's a Tesla.

The specs on this beast are amazing....

0 - 60 in  1.9 sec
0 - 100 in 4.2 sec
1/4 mile in 8.9 sec
250+ mph top speed
620 mile range on a charge

All of this and it's the base model, a 2+2.

It was revealed after he unveiled the new semi truck.

This guy is kickin a$$.   Pretty neat times we're livin in.

Comments

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited November 2017
    @Bonanzadriver holy crap! Sounds awesome. What's the price tag though? 
    Edit: just saw it starts at $200k. To rich for my blood. Guess I'm sticking to my CTS. 
  • Options
    :) The stats are very similar to my Hyundai Sonata.
  • Options
    ...... or my 2007 Prius with 106,000 miles on it.  >:)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    The fastest I ever got in a stock out of the showroom car was 145 in my 1968 GTO. The speedometer didn't register that high - and right at the bottom of the gage was where the idiot light for the Emergency Brake was located. The needle went past the 120 figure and continued to climb until it hit the letter 'a' in Brake where it stopped. Not sure if it stopped because it couldn't go any further or the car hit top end. Before I go any further let me back up a bit. My friends and I were on our way to a cabin owned by one of the guys and we were packed into three cars. We were screaming down the Michigan highway without another car in sight so we decided to see how fast the cars would go top end. I got my car to the 'a' in the word Brake and had no idea how fast that actually was. Then my buddy Mark who was in a  66 or 67 Vette pulled besides us. George, who was in the passenger seat of my car mouthed "how fast are we going" and Mark put up one finger, followed by four fingers, and then five ... letting us know we were doing 145. He then gave us a little wave and a smile and continued accelerating past us as though we were creeping along.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii; When I got out of the Army in 65 I bought the sweetest 65 GTO Black with a red interior. I was dating a girl in Montreal and lived in Central Jersey, I blistered up the highways at over 100 mph the only problem was I'd get only 9 to 10 MPG and carefully had to keep aware of the tank and find all night gas stations as I was on the road after 1:00 AM.
  • Options
    The thing is insane.  Something like 7,000 ft lbs of torque (10,000 newton meters)
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited November 2017
    That's the advantage of a full electric car. It's like a light switch, you have all the power available to you right now when you turn it on/floor it. No need to wait and shift through all the gears to get to the optimum performance. It's all on right now!  Boom, what a game changer.
  • Options
    Guys, Elon is great at rolling out prototypes.  I'll wait for the performance review in Car and Driver.