Home Tobacco Talk
Options

C&D Corncob Pipe and a Button Nose

This afternoon, I enjoyed some time woodworking. Then I finished the time with a bowl of this blend, in my 2016 Chicago Pipe Show MM corncob. It lit easily with only one lighting. The tin note is wonderful! Smells like a mug of hot chocolate. This very subtly carries over to the taste. I found it to be a fun blend to smoke. I had to refill and enjoy more of this smoke. 

The room note was also fun, with hints of cherry, oak and spalted locust sawdust! I doubt most people would detect this, unless they were smoking in my garage. I believe that the mouse that lives in my garage also enjoyed it, but he didn't show himself, only made his normal noises.

I recommend this blend, but your experience might be different than mine. 

Comments

• Options
    @Winton Funny you should mention that, I smoked a bowl of it myself last night. Thought I was the only one jumping the gun on a Christmas blend. It is a great blend and I'm at the bottom of the tin. Think I might be able to squeak out one more bowl or 3/4 bowl. Luckily I still have another tin stocked away in the cellar for this year. Hope C&D puts it out again this year. The taste for me is that of dunking a Graham Cracker in a cup of cocoa.    
  • Options
    "My garage is so small, the mice are stoop shouldered."

BTW, @Winton -- "spalted sawdust"? --  Fungus-ridden sawdust from working with fungus-ridden wood?
    You live in the NW? The climate in Washington state lends itself to mycology.
    And welcome!
  • Options
    Actually I live in Chicagoland. Any wood will become spalted, as it begins to decay. That makes a boring wood become beautiful. It probably was not wise to smoke until  the sawdust was out of the air. I could have gone outside, but then it would be way too cold to smoke. 

The blend tasted great. Maybe I will take it to my next pipe club meeting. 
  • Options
    I smoked some Corncob Pipe & a Button Nose while passing out Halloween Candy. It was leftover from last year and while aromatics don't age, I think the flavors melded together better sitting in the jar for a year.