Home General
Options

Hope I'm Not Stepping Out Of Line But ... How Old Are You

2»

Comments

• Options
    @RockyMountainBriar -- <<My uncle was a bit more "refined" hence smooth pipe, my dad a bit more "who gives a $h!t", hence the rusticated.>>

Hilarious and absolutely apt.
  • Options
    @motie2
        I remember when my siblings and I were young, we use to crawl all over the seats in my mom and dad's car, mud, dirt snow, eat in the car, whatever......they did not really care...much (at least on the outside).  Mind you, the car was purchased new in 1967, a Buick Special 4-door, so it was not a junky old car, not luxury, but not junk.  They preferred we did not thrash it, but hey, we were kids after all.
         My uncle on the other hand....  One of my brothers and I stayed with him and my grandmother one summer when I was about 12.  He was single until he married his girlfriend of 30 years or so at around age 65-70.....made an "honest" woman of her I guess.  Anyway he had a 1967? Pontiac Tempest 4-door.  He had the blanket style seat covers and kept it immaculate.  After a fishing trip, my brother and I climbed in with sandy shoes, he had a "conniption".  Oh, and don't "float a biscuit" in the car...."Oh my....light a match!".  
         As you can see, my dad was born to have kids
  • Options
    I had elderly parents; dad was 46 and mom was 36 when I was born.
    Neither had the energy to keep up with me. I was described as "a handful."
  • Options
    Chronologically, I will be 65 in January. Physically my body some days tells me I'm in my 80s. Ask SWMBO and she will tell you 12 or 13.
  • Options
    Funny! SWMBO says the same thing about me......
  • Options
    Based on all of the replies it appears I am the second youngest here. Clocking in at mere 25 years of age  :#
  • Options
    SwmaplesSwmaples Apprentice
    Coming up on 61 on the 12th. 
  • Options
    69 years old this past August chronologically. At least 87 or so physically with so many surgery scars, pins and screws in my body, but it beats the alternative. I attribute my "longevity" to habitual cigar and pipe smoking, and considerable previous companionship with beer and some very good Irish Whiskey and Scotch. I would still challenge anyone to an arm wrestling contest. And if someone were to take my pipes/ tobacco I could still chase them down and deal with them (I am not a sprinter but I am too stupid and old to give up). For some very strange reason I still think I am an athlete.
  • Options
    Turning 58 in a couple weeks. Had a ~3-year pipe experience in my 30's, then a 20+ year break. I'm back to the pipe(s) in a big way over the last 4 years.
  • Options
    @mezzoduomo -- Similar story here. Smoked a pipe mid 19860's to mid 1980's. Took up the pipe again Summer of 2016. Difference is: then I smoked English blends and VaPers; now I smoke aromatics; these days exclusively Barbados Plantation (a Sutliff Burley/Virginia/Cavendish rum blend).

• Options
    Mark my birth on the 25th of May. For the 56th time.